to go home sick...

(11 Posts)
zofranks Mon 01-Aug-16 10:15:32

waiting for the nurse to call me to triage me, don't actually feel ill, got a headache, feel a bit dizzy (could be a side effect of coming off citalopram, temp is 40.3 though...feel a right fraud going home but WWYD?

IceRoadDucker Mon 01-Aug-16 10:17:17

You're not a fraud, love. You have a temperature and symptoms and are quite clearly unwell.

Work will survive without you. They're not thinking about you being off sick and the world hasn't stopped. Concentrate on resting. flowers

AMR123456 Mon 01-Aug-16 10:31:29

Definitely stay & be checked out properly a temp like yours needs to be sorted

toadgirl Mon 01-Aug-16 10:34:16

You have a very high temperature. Let the medics decide if you are ill or not, not your job. You will be no use to your work if you make yourself seriously ill. Could happen to anyone. Please say calm and do what you need to do to get well.

zofranks Mon 01-Aug-16 10:46:20

nurse called me...docs won't see me, it's not urgent enough, take paracetamol and monitor for 48 hours she said. Deffo feel like a fraud now!

BillyNotQuiteNoMates Mon 01-Aug-16 10:50:13

With a temp of 40.3 you are not a fraud! Go home, whatever it is, no one else wants it tomorrow. If you're not feeling better/ temp coming down after taking paracetamol, ring GP again. flowers

zofranks Tue 02-Aug-16 11:26:03

been this morning - had to demand an appointment, turns out I have labyrinthitis

toadgirl Tue 02-Aug-16 12:51:13

zofranks flowers

I read about a woman with that recently. How awful for you. Will you get signed off work now?

zofranks Tue 02-Aug-16 13:11:15

no not signed off, they gave me motion sickness pills, just rest and it should go hopefully

toadgirl Tue 02-Aug-16 13:59:39

I hope that makes you better. What a stressful time for you.

zofranks Tue 02-Aug-16 14:26:58

thanks toadgirl - I hope they work too - at least I know I am not going bonkers now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now