St jhons wart anyone

(7 Posts)
pleasemothermay1 Fri 29-Jul-16 21:29:51

My mood is low I have stopped drinking and am taking st jhons wart I can't figure out why I feel low

I had a endo op a few moths ago thought all my pain would stop still having a lot of dirroreah

Wanting to go back to work it dawned on me I have no bankable skill set worked from home for many years

And feeling like I have no support witch I don't my sister are selfish cows

And my teenager is playing me up

Has st jhons wart worked for anyone
Will it take the edge off things

Badbadtromance Fri 29-Jul-16 21:31:21

Hugs until someone whose better than me comes alongflowers

Fomalhaut Fri 29-Jul-16 21:32:10

It shows some efficacy in trials. However, it also interferes with hormonal contraception so be careful.

IJustAteTheKidsFoodAgain Fri 29-Jul-16 21:32:25

I tried it, but didn't feel it made any difference. Exercise is my anti depressant now, but also trying to make a plan for things which need to change, your gp might be able to help with finding someone appropriate to talk to?

pleasemothermay1 Fri 29-Jul-16 21:32:34

Oh and the clutch has gone on my car

pleasemothermay1 Fri 29-Jul-16 21:35:43

I had councilling a few years back I just wept the whole time feelt dreadful when I left

Then I had a car accident and I just could face going back I just couldn't bare talking about being hit while on the hard shoulder😕

Cowardlycustard2 Fri 29-Jul-16 22:02:07

I am sorry to hear that you are having a bad time. I have been taking St Johns Wort for nearly a year now and it's definitely helped me. I started it because I was having an awful time with the peri menopause, crying all the time and feeling unable to cope. For health reasons unable to take HRT. GP offered anti depressants but thought would try this first. The St Johns Wort has a subtle effect and it took a couple of months before started feeling better, sleeping better, etc. you feel 'normal' on it. Having taken ADs in past I hated the feeling of being emotionally cut off that some people of which I am one get from them. By contrast the SJW feels very natural. I take the high strength tablets from Boots. Worth a try maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now