To ask for your help with my bikini line?!

(116 Posts)
Whatabloodyidiot1 Fri 29-Jul-16 08:54:29

Posting here for traffic, time is not on my side! And also (obviously) name changed.....
In an attempt to save time I have waxed my own bikini line with the dire-est of consequences, the top bit has come away beautifully but the wax has stuck firmly to both sides, I'm assuming at this point the wax cooled down, hence now it is stuck fast, red, and very very angry. I've never had syphilis but I imagine this is what it looks like.
All visions of myself slinking around the pool on holiday next week have dissolved entirely, unlike this wax.
Things I have tried:
Scrubbing with a flannel
Soaking it with water as hot as j can stand in an attempt to melt it whilst scrubbing with an exfoliating cloth.
Oils of every variety.
The box says 'excess wax will wash away with warm soapy water' THIS IS NOT FUCKING TRUE!!
It's a complete mess and I'm all out of ideas, can you help?! I can go and purchase any suggestions but short of sanding it off I'm losing hope.
It's not sticky BTW it's sort of plasticated, and shiny, like a an exhibit in the Gunter von hagens travelling show. And red, very very red, and sort of raised.
I'll stop now.

Stevefromstevenage Fri 29-Jul-16 08:56:02

Olive oil is your friend here. It will break down the wax. Good luck. Those of us who have tried this have all been at some stage grin

Stevefromstevenage Fri 29-Jul-16 08:57:36

Btw mine discovery of this was pre internet luckily my BF at the time was a chemist and was able to impart his superior knowledge on wax and oils to me.

ilovetoloveyoubaby Fri 29-Jul-16 08:59:37

Worst comes to worst go to a beautician and see if they can help

MsMims Fri 29-Jul-16 09:00:55

Have to admit when wax dries too quick on me I just whack another layer on top and rip it off that way blush Probably not the best way!

Apart from that, I use baby oil to get any excess stickiness off so would agree with PPs suggestion of oils.

Whatabloodyidiot1 Fri 29-Jul-16 09:04:23

I've tried olive oil and baby oil to no avail, only rubbing at the 'site' with it on a cotton ball though, should I be leaving it on?
There may be something in the rewaxing theory but the thought of putting more of that stuff near my body makes me cringe....

Beautifulstorm Fri 29-Jul-16 09:09:16

Soak baby oil on it for 10 minutes. Should just scrape away.

acasualobserver Fri 29-Jul-16 09:43:23

Burkini?

Whatabloodyidiot1 Fri 29-Jul-16 09:46:37

Oil has been applied, it's not worked! Burkini is my only option.

YelloDraw Fri 29-Jul-16 09:48:02

Oh. I did that once.
I never did a home wax EVER AGAIN

StrawberryQuik Fri 29-Jul-16 09:50:59

Do you have an aloe Vera plant, I imagine that would feel quite nice on and not be dangerous for your nether regions. My parents poor aloe Vera gets bits snipped off it anytime anyone gets sunburnt/bitten by an insect/has an excema flare up etc.

For the future board shorts are the answer, I have them in various colours to match my bikinis

MyBootsAreMuddy Fri 29-Jul-16 09:52:21

Hairdryer? It might heat up the wax enough to melt it slightly and make it possible to wipe off. Then soap first before some warm water to break down any remaining wax.

YorkieDorkie Fri 29-Jul-16 09:54:14

You need some after wax! Let this be a lesson - go to a proper beauty therapist!

Tenementfunster Fri 29-Jul-16 09:55:33

Blowtorchgrin. Sorry good luck

YorkieDorkie Fri 29-Jul-16 09:56:22

This looks sensible...

How to get wax off skin

Whatabloodyidiot1 Fri 29-Jul-16 10:00:08

I'm en route to boots to see if j can buy that after wax stuff, thanks for that article, I've tried all the methods except the Vaseline one, that's next!

youshouldcancelthecheque Fri 29-Jul-16 10:16:49

I once had to go on a night out with a rectangle of wax on my shin, it wouldn't come off, despite using an abrasive sponge, salty exfoliant and sitting in the bath for hours. I was really worried when a furry dog brushed past me. Never.home.waxed.again.....

MerryMarigold Fri 29-Jul-16 10:18:00

Has the hair come off or not? Do update, OP and let us know how it goes. I use the wax strips. This sounds more 'professional' but harder to use. eeek.

Bravada Fri 29-Jul-16 10:22:12

When I spilt it on the carpet nail polish remover got it off. May work? If desperate?

pick away one edge and .... riiiippp painful but that is what the wax is supposed to do, harden then rip off taking hair with it.

LoreleiGilmoreIsMyBFF Fri 29-Jul-16 10:26:25

I think home waxing is a little like attempting a DIY blonderising job - best left to the professionals. With the former, I lost my nerve at the last minute and had to get my ex to rip the strips off (so no more 'air of mystery' for us...) and the latter left my hair looking like roadkill, and absolutely not blonde.

Deucebumps Fri 29-Jul-16 10:29:55

Run a shallow bath as hot as you can stand, see if it softens it enough to be able to ease it off?

Whatabloodyidiot1 Fri 29-Jul-16 10:40:16

I've tried that deuce, twice!
The nail varnish remover option is starting to look more and more appealing.....
I can't pick the excess wax off its too tightly bonded to the skin.

ElleBellyBeeblebrox Fri 29-Jul-16 10:46:45

Can you snip the pubes underneath it? (This may not be applicable if the hair is too short obvs.Frankly I could take a lawnmower to mine and it would still look like a Wookies beard)

ChicRock Fri 29-Jul-16 10:50:58

Phone round your local salons and get yourself to a proper beautician asap. Most likely they'll put more wax on top of it and get it off, but if you try that yourself at this point you'll end up bruised as you won't be able to support the skin well enough whilst you pull.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now