Was this injury my fault?

(7 Posts)
ThisUsernameIsAvailable Wed 27-Jul-16 19:49:05

My daughter was playing on a play area on a twisty seat, she had her hair down and got it caught and now she has a bald patch around the size of a pound coin where her hair ripped out.

I feel awful for not thinking about her hair sad

fryingtoday Wed 27-Jul-16 19:56:59

So next time you will think of it ... We all learn pretty quick on this parenting journey! Don't beat yourself up.

harderandharder2breathe Wed 27-Jul-16 20:01:02

It's no ones fault, it's an accident. Don't beat yourself up

davos Wed 27-Jul-16 20:06:55

It's no one fault. It was an accident. I had long hair as a child. Pain in arse tbh, and mine was tied up most of the time, for this reason. Kind of pointless.

Amelie10 Wed 27-Jul-16 20:09:30

It was an accident and it will grow backsmile

StillMedusa Wed 27-Jul-16 21:25:05

I let my girls..then aged 6 and 8, have one of those tiny cotton braids put in their hair on holiday one year. The 6 year old used to twiddle it when she was tired. Then about a week later... it came off in her hand..the braid and hair leaving a 50p sized bald spot shock!!!

(Her sister made us take hers out within seconds as a result) I felt awful! But no harm done and it grew back...eventually!

RubbleBubble00 Wed 27-Jul-16 21:27:37

It's only hair. It will grow. Main reason i got my hair very long hair cut when I was 11 as it kept getting caught in school chairs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now