Twunt

(21 Posts)
rocketsocks Wed 27-Jul-16 18:05:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FetchezLaVache Wed 27-Jul-16 18:14:28

No, hardly at all!

On the subject of which, he can fuck off telling you you can't take her for a birthday meal because he is!!

rocketsocks Wed 27-Jul-16 18:24:57

Missgraeme Wed 27-Jul-16 18:43:53

Advice from the experienced - please think about how u want future occasions to pan out - don't let him bully u into always having the lions share of the special days with the kids. My ex took mine away once (I paid and loaned him my car all which he omitted to tell them) and wouldn't even let me speak to my ds on his bday. He won't let them be together for Xmas /bdays/bar mitzvahs - u get my drift!? He is still a control freak 9 years down the line! Enjoy your breakfast - sounds as fab plan!

NeedACleverNN Wed 27-Jul-16 18:49:51

You are not allowed? hmm

Take her to where she wants to go on a day that's not her birthday as a birthday treat.

If he says anything, it was just a day out. Nothing special.

Don't let him dictate what you do with your own children especially on their birthdays.

rocketsocks Wed 27-Jul-16 19:00:03

ThoraGruntwhistle Wed 27-Jul-16 19:01:01

Take her out for breakfast or brunch. Then you haven't 'taken her out for dinner' but you've been somewhere special for her birthday grin what a controlling assmunch he sounds angry

Boosiehs Wed 27-Jul-16 19:03:13

What the actual FUCK OP?!?!?!?

Why did you have to agree to that? What an absolute twunt.

ThoraGruntwhistle Wed 27-Jul-16 19:04:37

Is that even a thing that exists? How does an ex partner have any rights over whether you drink alcohol, and why on earth would a court enforce that unless you had committed crimes under the influence and had a severe drinking problem?

wasonthelist Wed 27-Jul-16 19:05:31

Whilst not wishing to sound flippant op, I could do with the number of your ex's lawyer.

PaperdollCartoon Wed 27-Jul-16 19:08:05

Hang on... Why can't you drink for 11 years?!

NeedACleverNN Wed 27-Jul-16 19:08:35

No way would a court agree to you signing an order to not drink at all for 11 years.

No way q

dangermouseisace Wed 27-Jul-16 19:10:05

oh rocketsocks why did you ever leave him? He sounds like an absolute catch!

No alcohol for 11 years- how is this going to be policed exactly? Is he going to make you wear a monitor? Is he going to do the same? I can imagine this is going to generate some interesting conversations when your kids are teenagers and start asking questions.

What a complete and utter f**kwit. I hope you and your daughter have a lovely time celebrating her birthday together and that it is not overshadowed by him.

rocketsocks Wed 27-Jul-16 19:10:58

rocketsocks Wed 27-Jul-16 19:14:07

dangermouseisace Wed 27-Jul-16 19:16:16

no bloody wonder you were drinking too much with Mr Controllingpants to deal with. I can understand the concern but nothing at all for 11 years is waaaaayyyyy over what is necessary.

I'm assuming that you are allowed to cut and dye your hair during the next 11 years as you'd get a seriously sore neck carrying all that around.

rocketsocks Wed 27-Jul-16 19:22:05

dangermouseisace Wed 27-Jul-16 19:36:29

good for your rocketsocks you can do without that negativity in your life.

FWIW my mum was alcoholic (by her own admission)…she was drinking more than you were daily. She was being psychologically abused by dad. Managed to hold down FT job, and look after us too. I wouldn't even like to imagine what life would have been like if it had been my dad looking after us.

There is absolutely no need for him to do what he did, that's basically kicking you when you're already down on the floor. What a shite. Stay strong rocketsocks, time will pass, 'friends' will be replaced by better ones, he'll run out of things to say that aren't backed up by the reality of how you are looking after the kids. And people will be able to see for themselves how things are (friends ex went around telling everyone she was a complete pot head which was unfounded…it blew over with time…it was clear to everyone he was talking shit!). You've got the right attitude, keep going [flower] cake star

justilou Wed 27-Jul-16 19:37:05

Take your daughter to the place she suggested first - the night before he takes her out. That will piss him off no end.

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Wed 27-Jul-16 19:44:56

I'd maybe take her a few days after......... as a 'non birthday' treat.

Voddy4 Wed 27-Jul-16 19:52:02

I'd take your daughter to the place she wanted to go on a different day to celebrate her birthday. Fuck him telling you how to celebrate your own daughters birthday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now