always the way

(6 Posts)
Ilovetea82 Mon 25-Jul-16 10:55:33

AIBU to think the universe has it in for me (not serious in the grand scheme of things really)

Went out for tea with dh and lo, decided I couldn't be bothered doing hair make up and just wore vest top and jeans so looked a bit of a mess but to be honest I don't care all that much as I am 7 weeks pregnant and just trying not to be sick.

So of course I bump into 4 people I know and haven't seen in ages, all looking very pulled together and lovely. Why does this always happen to me!! I make an effort and I then never see anyone lol!

Blablabla1984 Mon 25-Jul-16 10:59:26

Always happens!!! I hate it too!!

WhooooAmI24601 Mon 25-Jul-16 11:02:52

I popped to Asda this morning to grab some baguettes as we've got friends coming for lunch. Threw on scruffy trousers and top, went to bed with wet hair last night so look a bit like a BeeGee and to top it off, the DCs were behaving like absolute bellends, and up walked my Headteacher looking swishy and shiny and lovely. I could have vomited with shame. So went and popped a bottle of wine for lunch into the trolley.

JinRamen Mon 25-Jul-16 11:10:02

If they are your friends then they won't care. If they are not your friends then why do you care?

SerendipitousFoxley Mon 25-Jul-16 13:08:19

This always makes me wonder what people think of me actually! I NEVER wear make up or really do anything with my hair, as it's cropped so nothing I can 'do' with it. And "just a vest top and jeans" - that's what I always wear. What else would you wear, a ballgown? You were going out for tea not dinner at The Ritz. As Jin says, if they're real friends they won't care. And if they're not it doesn't matter what they think!

Ilovetea82 Mon 25-Jul-16 13:39:42

Oh I don't actually care and the hair and makeup but doesn't bother me too much, I'm more irritated with myself in that I considered changing my top but thought nah sure I will be fine as I am (there was far too much belly fat to be seen!)
Doesn't help when the acquaintances you meet are dressed up to the nines!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now