To not bother with wrapping birthday presents

(8 Posts)
Blablabla1984 Mon 25-Jul-16 09:46:58

Just moved house this past weekend and as you can imagine everything is in boxes… Manic really!!

It’s my godson’s 4th birthday today and his mum has invited a few friends over tonight. I’ve got a nice Hallmark gift bag for him with 4 presents inside. Can’t find wrapping paper in this mess to save my life and having my toddler run up and down the house doesn’t help grin

Would a 4 year old find it lame not to have his presents wrapped? He probably won’t care, I just always think it’s much more fun tearing the paper off.... But no time for it today.... Will a gift bag do?

Leeds2 Mon 25-Jul-16 09:50:35

Yes, a gift bag will be fine, but could you buy some tissue paper to crinkle up and put on top?

blinkowl Mon 25-Jul-16 09:50:55

I was going to say YAB-a-bit-U from the title but now I've read the thread, no YANBU!

You've just moved, give yourself a break! It'll be fine smile

GruffaloPants Mon 25-Jul-16 09:59:21

I never wrap stuff in gift bags. Surely the whole point of gift bags is to save time/hassle of wrapping. Plus you've just moved, and he won't care!

Euphemia Mon 25-Jul-16 10:22:35

Gift bag = wrapped, IMO. grin

TheEmmaDilemma Mon 25-Jul-16 10:23:48

Wrap him in a box. He'll love it. wink

I would second putting tissue paper on the top for an older child or adult, but (even a second hand re-used) gift bag will be fine for a 4 year old.

DarlingCoffee Mon 25-Jul-16 12:27:12

Oh please wrap them! I think half the fun for children is in the unwrapping. I'm all for keeping things minimal but what with this thread and the one with the OP not wanting to send birthday cards its made me wonder what's up with everyone sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now