Black blister?

(14 Posts)
chocolatecakemakesmefat Sun 24-Jul-16 17:46:59

Not an Aibu but thought I'd get more traffic here , ds 3 1/2 has nappy rash he's developed a weird black looking blister it's red round about and swollen - anybody had any experience of this ? Does it look infected ? (Have phoned NHS 24 and am waiting on a call back)

chocolatecakemakesmefat Sun 24-Jul-16 17:47:17

Pic of blister confused

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 24-Jul-16 17:50:04

Looks red rather than black. Like there's blood in it IYSWIM.

chocolatecakemakesmefat Sun 24-Jul-16 17:51:54

Thats what i thought it looks more black in person (picture isn't great)

justilou Sun 24-Jul-16 17:58:36

If there are more of them it can be symptomatic of pneumococcal disease.... I wouldn't panic about just one, but if he gets more, go straight to A&E.

Welshmaenad Sun 24-Jul-16 18:04:48

How is he jn himself?

DD had similar as a baby and I took her to OOH (after our now ex-GP refused to see her as she 'sounded fine from his office' but that's a whole other story). She was given antibiotics. She was not well in herself for several days until they kicked in, very grizzly, clingy, lacklustre and had a temperature.

I would take her to a dr for your own peace of mind.

VerbenaGirl Sun 24-Jul-16 18:07:06

Agree with justilou - don't panic, but I'd say go to A&E. I think NHS24 may well advise this anyway, given DS age. Do let us know how it goes?

chocolatecakemakesmefat Sun 24-Jul-16 18:10:10

He seems ok just tired and a bit whingy doesn't seem to have a temp but keeping an eye on him , they've still not phoned back envy I will be phoning them back soon to see what's going on!

Welshmaenad Sun 24-Jul-16 18:22:27

Do you have an alternative route to access an OOH GP? I'd be trying to get an appt this evening if you do. Here we have a Primecare service where a dr will ring you back and they're very good about fitting little ones in ASAP.

chocolatecakemakesmefat Sun 24-Jul-16 18:23:24

Btw he is 3 1/2 years not months , he's still In nappies as he has asd , NHS just phoned back and told me to give him calpol wtf hmm

GreenSand Sun 24-Jul-16 18:48:02

OK, so what have have you done to try and calm it down?
Would he go in a salt bath, to try and get rid of any surface infection?
Have you got any savlon cream - I assume it's just the one blister at the moment?
Could you do a bit of nappy free time, smother the whole area in bepnathn or metanium, put a nappy back on for the night, and look tomorrow? Mark the red area to see if is spreading?? Maybe check at your bedtime if that won't wake him?
Tomorrow you should be able to get a nurse appointment if it's getting worse, but from the picture it doesn't look THAT bad - could just be a spot that has had the top knocked off, and scabbed??? But your there, and gave seen it and know your child. I've just seen a photo. Trust your instincts.

SeenYourArse Sun 24-Jul-16 18:54:02

I wood definately NOT go to A&E!!!!! Seeing as you doctor doesn't even think it warrants a visit and it's neither an Accident or an Emergency hmm

SeenYourArse Sun 24-Jul-16 18:54:29

Christ *would!

GreenSand Mon 25-Jul-16 08:19:18

How is it looking this morning, chocolate cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now