To think that....

(16 Posts)
mrsC4 Sun 24-Jul-16 17:45:43

The people who are unnecessarily rude and nasty toward strangers on MN are doing it because they have pent up aggression and don't do it to the people in their actual lives? hmmgrin

mrsfuzzy Sun 24-Jul-16 17:47:38

sounds possible, i bet alot of things wouldn't get said in real life mn is a bit of a vent in aibu esp.

mrsC4 Sun 24-Jul-16 17:48:38

I mean the people who don't ever say a cross word to anyone due to being cowardly even though people deserve it, so instead they make sarcy mean spirited comments on here to people who don't deserve it at all confused

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 24-Jul-16 17:48:42

Possibly. I'm quite nice on here but a total fuckwomble in real life.

Willyorwonte Sun 24-Jul-16 17:51:19

Agreed! There is one such thread only just started and over half replies are not answering the question but offering their opinions of the op's idea being naff instead.
Smiles and tolerance people ! smile

ilovesooty Sun 24-Jul-16 17:52:13

You have no idea what people are like in real life.

mrsC4 Sun 24-Jul-16 18:03:12

Everyone is entitled to their opinion sooty this is mine

ArgyMargy Sun 24-Jul-16 18:21:33

YABU to think you know what people are like IRL. It's just as annoying as the posters who say "oh, I do such & such - surely everyone does the same as me?" yada yada yada.

mrsC4 Sun 24-Jul-16 18:41:47

If they are just as unnecessarily rude and mean spirited in real life then they're obviously arse holes aren't they grin

Sparklingbrook Sun 24-Jul-16 18:44:51

No idea. Only the poster themselves would know that. People us Mumsnet Talk for lots of reasons.

But I tend to think the bitchploppers on MN are horrible in RL too probably.

NavyandWhite Sun 24-Jul-16 18:48:51

Maybe they're sick to death of the same old stupid threads being rehashed day after day OP.

exWifebeginsat40 Sun 24-Jul-16 19:00:54

joke's on you - i'm a prick in real life as well.

Justanotherlurker Sun 24-Jul-16 19:07:50

I think it's just the Internet in general there it has become polar opposite sides of discussion with each side taking the most extreme position possible, with the use of memes and echo chambers it's become an ever decreasing spiral.

The converse is that there is a lot more virtue signalling on MN, on other sites they get called out for either fake internet points or being a shill, you can see both the twats and the virtue signallers on mn in any given thread, modern life innit. [shrug]

Water of a ducks back and all that.

Justanotherlurker Sun 24-Jul-16 19:09:58

Ah shit, actually, reading that back, apart from "there" should have been "that" in the first sentence, I realise I have come across needlessly twatty.

WaitrosePigeon Sun 24-Jul-16 19:11:00

Agree with Sooty

NavyandWhite Sun 24-Jul-16 19:12:48

I think that 80% of posts on aibu are made up and people are just fed up and bored of it.

Same old stuff brought out time and time again slightly differently. People falling for it and getting all indignant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now