To complain about this flight?

(43 Posts)
takingsooty Sun 24-Jul-16 17:08:22

I've just got off a long haul flight. After eating a dull but adequate meal, drunk a couple of glasses of passable wine and watched a fun movie about Eddie the Eagle if you're interested I decided to find something to complain about.

AIBU to complain that the baby in front of me had her tea then went to sleep, the parents even changed her nappy in the loos rather than the seat.

There were plenty of children and none of them ran about, they seemed glued to the IFE
Nobody reclined their seat until after the meal service.
Everyone queued for the loo in an orderly fashion
We all got off without a hitch.

I'm cross that I couldn't find anything to be cross about.

antiqueroadhoe Sun 24-Jul-16 17:14:37

I think you have summed up MN in one post!!!

callherwillow Sun 24-Jul-16 17:15:33

I think you need a hobby.

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 24-Jul-16 17:15:41

I think if all that was the case, then YOU were the problem. Wait for various threads about your unreasonableness.

scurryfunge Sun 24-Jul-16 17:17:16

What about the blinds? Surely someone must have opened a blind or closed a blind when they shouldn't have?

Threefaries Sun 24-Jul-16 17:20:01

Just wait till you get home and find the big lump of dog turd outside your house :-)

takingsooty Sun 24-Jul-16 17:26:53

I've forgotten one, the lady across the aisle asked DS who's 6'3" if he'd prefer an aisle seat as he's so tall. Outrageously reasonable behaviour.

WamBamThankYouMaam Sun 24-Jul-16 17:28:23

What a shit post.

You need to get yourself a hobby.

StillSmallVoiceOfCalm Sun 24-Jul-16 17:32:33

Maybe you were the one doing unreasonable stuff and there is about to be 700 MN threads about your behaviour?

Did you parent loudly? Get pissed? Swear? Walk around in first class? Let your children run around and express themselves? Treat the cabin crew disrespectfully?

StillSmallVoiceOfCalm Sun 24-Jul-16 17:33:22

Do you need to lighten up like some others who shall remain nameless?

Arfarfanarf Sun 24-Jul-16 17:38:42

Why is it a shit post?

scurryfunge Sun 24-Jul-16 17:40:00

Don't think others get that it's tongue in cheek.

WamBamThankYouMaam Sun 24-Jul-16 17:41:03

It's supposed to be funny, but it really isn't. It's just sad that someone wasted so much time writing it.

Willow2016 Sun 24-Jul-16 17:43:10

Threefaries You are either psychic or live near me?

Apart from the hour and half delay, out longhaul flight was fine too, everyone got prime video and tv for free due to delay (pfft how dare they be so generous) food was pretty nice, got cheaper perfumes/mens smellies on plane than they were in duty free and they had an extra 20%off so basically got ds1's stuff free not a damm thing to complain about here either sad...

but when we finaly got home there was a little pile of dog crap 2 feet away from my front door! Some git had let their dog run right down my yard and have a crap! Going to put up a note at the gate for the selfish prats.

And to add insult to injury there was a dead bird decaying on the step shock must have fell out the nest above sad.

mrsC4 Sun 24-Jul-16 17:44:03

Whambam the bitterness exerted is totally unnecessary. If you think people are sad fine but no need to be nasty about it, the OP wasn't hurting anyone

Arfarfanarf Sun 24-Jul-16 17:45:12

I think what's sad is wasting time writing a meanspirited post because someone wrote a post that isnt your sense of humour.
There's no need for it.

callherwillow Sun 24-Jul-16 17:45:43

I have to admit I agree with Whambam

scurryfunge Sun 24-Jul-16 17:49:00

Wham bam, you are the one who needs a hobby grin

WamBamThankYouMaam Sun 24-Jul-16 17:50:01

Saying something is shit isn't nasty. It's an observation.

It's a shit post that smacks of superiority.

Lumpylumperson Sun 24-Jul-16 17:51:06

Oh Wham the irony of your posts grin

scurryfunge Sun 24-Jul-16 17:51:56

I just see the post as a comment about mumsnet gripes. Nothing superior about that.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 24-Jul-16 17:52:49

OP - I love it. grin

Arfarfanarf Sun 24-Jul-16 17:55:53

Whereas making a dismissive comment and looking down your nose at something that doesn't meet your humour standards is...???

This isn't CuntsRUs. It's ok to just say nothing if a thread doesnt float your boat . People don't have to go on a harmless thread just to be snippy

callherwillow Sun 24-Jul-16 17:58:12

I'd normally agree 100% Arf but these threads aren't harmless. They contribute hugely to the generally snippy and 'haven't you anything better to worry about' atmosphere on here. They act as a minimiser and trivialise the issues people post about. Conceded, most are trivial. But personally speaking, I don't mind that and I actually rather like it.

ZippyNeedsFeeding Sun 24-Jul-16 18:00:27

OP, I suggest you write to the airline and complain. I'm certain they will make sure it never happens again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now