to think I need more than one internship?

(4 Posts)
CoolToned Thu 21-Jul-16 21:36:27

I am currently back in uni for my masters, and I have recently started a one-year (2x/week) internship at a top company. It is considered a very good internship experience in my industry.

I have official 8 days of leave within the year - should I use that to try to get a one-month internship somewhere else?

Is one very good internship enough? I changed fields so my past experience does not really count towards the new field - when I graduate, I'm going to start from the bottom.

Flowersandjellybeans Sat 23-Jul-16 02:01:32

It's difficult to say without knowing what industry it is.

I think the best thing you can do is focus on being amazing at your one internship. If it's a great company and you've put everything into it then you might even be able to land a junior role there one your masters is complete?

A glowing reference and an amazing portfolio/track record/whatever when you leave will obviously be invaluable.

However, if the internship doesn't cover everything you want to learn about, a month somewhere else might be worthwhile? For example, if you're working for a creative agency, and really want to work in the charitable sector but the agency has no charity clients, a month at a relevant agency could well be useful.

Can you give us the industry?

CoolToned Sat 23-Jul-16 03:21:05

Information and Technology

NisekoWhistler Sat 23-Jul-16 03:43:32

I would say there is no need to get the second internship. Tech companies also want well rounded individuals who have hobbies or travel etc not to say you're are t well rounded. But remember all work and no play.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now