Performance parenting - what can I do about dh?!

(4 Posts)
Starwarsorbaby Thu 21-Jul-16 19:26:31

Dh is a wonderful, wonderful father, and husband. But he's the worst performance parent, and it drives me bonkers!!

Wibu to say something, and risk hurting his feelings (but saving my, and general members of the public's, sanity)?

Tryingtostayyoung Thu 21-Jul-16 19:28:04

Op what sort of stuff does he do?

Starwarsorbaby Thu 21-Jul-16 19:32:26

It's hard to articulate, but he's very loud and deliberately shouts questions/things he thinks is funny so others can hear. He bashes ds on the head with things (soft things!!) and it makes ds laugh, but does it for attention so he can explain to people that he likes it..etc etc. Can't think of anything more specific.

Tryingtostayyoung Thu 21-Jul-16 21:07:53

Aaaah I would say something but in a jokey way the next time it happens, like "you don't always have to be the entertainment" or "don't you find it really annoying when people do things loudly just for attention"

My DH "performs" but ONLY when he is around his siblings which is really weird. I roll my eyes as high as I can which normally gets the message across

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now