To tell you all I got the job, and that I was watching?

(21 Posts)
ahfuckHelpme Thu 21-Jul-16 11:41:50

After a few nasty comments I couldn't really bring myself to respond on my thread
"Aibu to think cheers for leaving me up shit creek society?"
I still stand by my comments and would like to state that I lost my last job due to company closure and not due to being a flakey flake (and yes, I tried hard at school)
This is technically a TAAT but I'd be grateful if MNHQ just saw this as an update.
But, yes, I got a job. Minimum wage but full time so I'm very happy regardless.
Yaaaaay.
I'd also like to say I did watch that thread, pm some of the nicer commenters a thank you and take note of all advice given.
So thanks to those who took the time to comment.
I can't post much today (because I have my first shift at 1-11pm) but I'll try to keep an eye out on my breaks smile smile
Thank you wise mumsnetters and Aibu to tell you all of this???

MadeForThis Thu 21-Jul-16 11:51:10

Good luck in the new job grin

ahfuckHelpme Thu 21-Jul-16 12:03:43

Thank you smile

Floggingmolly Thu 21-Jul-16 12:07:06

Didn't see your first thread; but well done on the new job 👏 Best of luck.

KoalaDownUnder Thu 21-Jul-16 12:09:30

Congratulations! grinflowerscakestar

Zuccarelli Thu 21-Jul-16 12:15:14

Congrats! I'm just being nosy and would like to know what job it is! grin

ijustwannadance Thu 21-Jul-16 12:17:29

Well done OP. 🎉wine

MatildaTheCat Thu 21-Jul-16 12:20:32

Very well done. Hope it works out well.

Onwards and upwards smile

BusStopBetty Thu 21-Jul-16 12:25:54

Well done!

bewarethewalkers Thu 21-Jul-16 12:26:38

Well done op flowers

Lorelei76 Thu 21-Jul-16 12:29:18

I didn't see your thread but congratulations, it can be so insanely hard to get work. Well done!

ghostyslovesheep Thu 21-Jul-16 12:38:30

Well done and good luck smile

Unicorntrainer Thu 21-Jul-16 12:44:04

I didn't see your thread either, but congratulations on your work ethic and getting a new job in these difficult times. I hope all goes well for you 💐

george1020 Thu 21-Jul-16 12:44:25

Congratulations and good luck for your first day! flowers

massivearse Thu 21-Jul-16 12:45:49

Get the fuck in. Congrats.

Fuck em.

ahfuckHelpme Thu 21-Jul-16 13:31:20

Thanks all. Going well so far (just using the bog) so happy and the support I received (which at points out weighted the negativity) definitely helped me
Carry on being positive and happy at interviews (which was hard as all I wanted to do was cry on the interviewers shoulder screaming "HIRE ME PLEASE I NEED MONEY!!")
I have a 40hr contract so it's good knowing I won't have my hours cut or be messed around like I have on 0hr contracts.
YAYYYY. I have to go but YAY

RB68 Thu 21-Jul-16 13:32:38

Well done OP. I am afraid MN can be hyper critical and many fill the gap with their own take on life which frankly is often spiteful and downright nasty. Everyone has the right to the right job for them, it is shitty when unemployed and trying to stretch the thin string as far as possible to make ends meet and even sometimes to just get to interview - you end up robbing Peter to pay Paul then Paul to pay Fred then Fred to pay John and it all goes around and sometimes it bites you in the bum and frankly its depressing. I also think sometimes people who have had the luck (and yes in my view it is often through luck rather than necessarily competence) to be consistently employed in roles in corporate settings really have no idea how anyone else might live - self employed, unemployed or patchy etc and need to listen to themselves once in a while and practice tolerance and community spirit in supporting others.

Anyway - hope the job meets expectations and leads to greater things :-)

ilovetoloveyoubaby Thu 21-Jul-16 13:32:41

Well done! All the best smile

Puzzedhelpplease Thu 21-Jul-16 14:10:22

So what if it is minimum wage?

I was a young teen in the years when my jobs advisor told me, "Yes, you want to be (insert job choice) but a job is a job and you are lucky if you have one".

We are in those lean years again and you have done well to get a job. In addition to that, you have a permanent contract.

Congratulations to you! You strapped on a pair, got out there and got a job in face of extreme hardship and difficulty. Not all of us can do this.

Well done and I wish you all the very best in your future. You are going to do well.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Thu 21-Jul-16 14:13:47

I read your other thread and I want to say YAAAAY for you! Good on you!

t4gnut Thu 21-Jul-16 14:17:04

Well done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now