AIBU to not give a monkeys what Laura Kuenssberg thinks?

(76 Posts)
freebreeze Wed 20-Jul-16 19:16:35

I just find her unnecessary and patronising. If I'm watching the news I really don't need someone to bla bla bla about how they interpret events. It's so patronising and irritating. I mean this evening Angela Merkel meets Theresa May. 'It's so important these two ladies get along and make a good impression' Laura informs us. Gee thanks, would you know it?
So irritating. AIBU ??

MajesticWhine Wed 20-Jul-16 19:19:00

YANBU, I guess, however if she is the replacement for Peston then she's a million times better than him.

ChoccyJules Wed 20-Jul-16 19:19:22

Has she always been like this or is it a new Beeb dumbing down thing? Cos I don't recall her at all pre Brexit (apart from having said hi to her at Westminster one day when visiting an MP, the MP said hi Laura, we all said hi, I didn't know who she was), she was more anonymous then, like reporters should be. It could be her brief has changed and she's been asked to analyse stuff rather than just report it?

ChatterNatterer Wed 20-Jul-16 19:19:29

YANBU - the news isn't reported these days (maybe it wasn't ever) it's more the BBC or Sky News or whomever's interpretation and opinion that we are asked to swallow! Ach!

Pettywoman Wed 20-Jul-16 19:20:24

I can't stand her and as far as I'm concerned she can keep her opinions to herself because I'm not interested in what she thinks. She seems very self important to me.

PaulDacreCuntyMcCuntFace Wed 20-Jul-16 19:20:35

I don't mind her - I'd rather get a bit of unnecessary explanation if it helps people understand what's going on. If there was one thing that the referendum showed us, it's that there were lots of people who were staggeringly uninformed - on both sides of the debate. So I'm all for clear reporting if it helps to address that.

However I am a little tired of her current ubiquity. It would be nice for the sake of variety to have a panel, rather than have LK held up as the sole oracle of political reporting and opinion.

acasualobserver Wed 20-Jul-16 19:26:22

I like her. I don't mind people offering an interpretation of important events. I can always disagree. Also, I like her name.

Marylou2 Wed 20-Jul-16 19:27:06

The BBC need someone to spout their Westminster centric, anti-Semitic, lefty agenda so it might as well be her. Let's face it anyone with half a brain might question what they were asked to say and they wouldn't stand for that.

acasualobserver Wed 20-Jul-16 19:30:11

What has LK said that's anti-Semitic? As for the BBC's left-wing bias, apparently almost as many complainants believe the opposite.

JassyRadlett Wed 20-Jul-16 19:32:06

She replaced Nick Robinson as political editor, not Peston (Kamal Ahmad replaced him). The changeover happened in July last year, she's been pretty ubiquitous since then - much as Nick was before her.

QueenLaBeefah Wed 20-Jul-16 19:35:00

I quite like her.

Foxyloxy1plus1 Wed 20-Jul-16 20:41:26

I'm not fussed either way. It's Kamal Ahmed I can't stand, he looks like a man with absolutely no sense of humour. As for Robert Peston and his elongated vowels- just go forth.

absolutelynotfabulous Wed 20-Jul-16 20:43:45

Too much bloody airspace to fill...

But Robert Peston-well, I would.blushgrin

bloomburger Wed 20-Jul-16 20:50:23

I like her. She's v well educated and not afraid to ask difficult questions.

Peston on the other hand is a wank badger who can't speak properly.

CaveMum Wed 20-Jul-16 20:52:40

Doesn't Robert Peston have a stutter/speech impediment? Isn't that why he seems to elongate some vowels, so that he doesn't stutter?

SpareHead3 Wed 20-Jul-16 20:56:35

I like her a lot. She does a good job. No problem with LK here.

Topseyt Wed 20-Jul-16 21:07:34

I like her analyses.

Robert Peston is on ITV now, I think.

Budgiebonbon Wed 20-Jul-16 21:30:15

They did a fantastic sketch on the last Dead Ringers on R4 of Laura Kuenssberg reactions.

rememberthetime Wed 20-Jul-16 21:35:46

I think she hates Corbyn. She is especially patronising to him. I can't say she is my favourite, but I do like the fact a very clever young woman is all over the tv in a position of relative power. that is always a good thing.

bloomburger Wed 20-Jul-16 21:38:35

He over enunciates and makes sentences make no sense at all sometimes. It's painful listening to him.

YokoUhOh Wed 20-Jul-16 21:41:41

She's quite right wing, I believe.

The newsreader on News At 10 (ITV) is an editorialising monstrosity; I watched agape at his intro to the Labour leadership contest on last night's news. It was like he was presenting Mock the Week. Or some Chris Morris nightmare.

KERALA1 Wed 20-Jul-16 21:46:14

I like robert Peston. His wife died so I feel sorry for him. Also he set up a scheme to get good speakers into state schools as he was fed up of the posho public ones getting inspirational input from the great and the good and state schools not. And he went to a state school. So irrational maybe but these facts made me warm to him. ( note all heard on radio 4 so assuming true but who knows)

JessaHanna Wed 20-Jul-16 23:56:59

Robert Peston wears his wife's wedding ring along with his own. I think he seems lovely and I like his reporting and opinion.

LK - I quite like her style of reporting too!

JessaHanna Wed 20-Jul-16 23:58:22

KERALA1 - that seems an excellent imitative by RP, will read up on that.

Motheroffourdragons Wed 20-Jul-16 23:59:32

I think she is very good, a very clever lady with a great reporting style. I also liked Robert Peston, feel very sorry for his loss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now