AIBU to want a pause button?

(4 Posts)
ShtoppenDerFloppen Wed 20-Jul-16 14:53:26

Life recently has been less than stellar. Nothing on its own is huge, but a bunch of small things all squished together over a short period of time are threatening to drive me around the bend.

In the last 10 days (since Monday of last week)... DD has been sent home from residential camp as she was ill, DH was removed from his position at work due to restructuring although it'll be a blessing long term DH was reassigned to a new position quite a lot further from home, which will cost more in commuting, DD is still ill, DHwas forced to open a formal dispute with his employer regarding a year and a half of unpaid overtime from his old position, DS turned 18, DNiece's hamster died, then last night there was a rash of thefts from vehicles in the neighbourhood and quite a lot was stolen from ours, DD is still sick - and has just vomited all over the house on her quest to try to get to the toilet, and I have to get her (us) ready for a hospital admission on Monday at children's hospital 200 km from home.

Can I have a pause button so I can have 12 hours of a break before getting stuck back in to dealing with all of this?

ShtoppenDerFloppen Wed 20-Jul-16 15:24:08

And now the doctor has returned my call and wants DD admitted to our home hospital. Groan.

humblesims Wed 20-Jul-16 15:43:35

flowers chocolate

DriveInSaturday Wed 20-Jul-16 17:48:28

flowerswine

A pause button? As Adam Hills said on the Last Leg, I'd like to press CTRL/ALTDELETE on 2016.

Hope things improve for you all soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now