WWYD DH 40'th birthday gift

(9 Posts)
dragonstail Wed 20-Jul-16 08:48:05

Utterly 1st world problem. Apologies.

It's my husbands 40th soon. I found the a person who does very plain cuff links with finger prints on. I took separate prints of a finger and a thumb from my son. They've just come back today - and are stunning! But clearly the same print on both. As they're finger prints it's obvious!

I don't know if I'm being fussy or UR to ask why/ if one could be the second print I sent? Two print were sent. Unless it's a genuine mistake?

Maz2444466 Wed 20-Jul-16 08:58:05

What a lovely idea for a present. I would ask about the thumb print, if there's time I would wait till you get it and then package the present. If there isn't enough time, I would go ahead and package the present but still ask for the thumb print one and tell DH there might be an additional cuff link on its way! smile They will probably just send another one out...

Allyoucaneat Wed 20-Jul-16 09:04:55

Just ask...it might be that you needed to buy two pairs to get two different prints, or it might just have been an oversight.

This happened to me with an engraved item, they added a fathers day message but it was actually a birthday gift (around same time as fathers day) they sent another and it's was personalised item we got to keep the first one too.

Hotwaterbottle1 Wed 20-Jul-16 10:13:33

Hi, I used to run a fingerprint jewellery franchise. Did you specifically ask for each cufflink to have a different print on them? If so then yes please go back to them. If not then she would have likely picked the best looking print to make the pair. I can't remember being asked to do different prints on each cufflink unless doing 2 different kids.

dragonstail Wed 20-Jul-16 10:48:52

Thanks hot water - good point. I believe I did as I described a finger on one and a thumb on the other - however when I checked if the prints were too big she said she adjusted (I guess you can make the area smaller. I did fine art and did a bit of casting myself) so I wonder if she took the best print. I'll just check with her.

Incidentally, how did you get into it? I've looooong considered becoming a silver smith myself.

Hotwaterbottle1 Wed 20-Jul-16 11:25:20

Yes the prints can be adjusted easily. I wonder if she has scaled down too much & they are different. If you send me a pic I could tell you. You can scale down hand & footprints too.
But please check with her, she won't mind & would rather you happy!
I bought a franchise. I had no experience at all.

dragonstail Fri 22-Jul-16 10:21:55

I messaged her and she explained it was the best print taken; I imagine 4 sets sent out for two children. It's fine they're gorgeous!

Still thinking about setting up as a silver smith mind you.... !

dragonstail Fri 22-Jul-16 10:29:46

(I realise it's silver clay!)

Neeko Fri 22-Jul-16 10:35:33

I love this idea! Totally want to steal it. Can you post a link?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now