To think it's hay fever? Or should I check with DR?

(3 Posts)
FirstTimerAtBeingAMummy Tue 19-Jul-16 00:04:48

My 13 week old is lying here with me now with very red around the eyes, they are streaming with water and her nose has been constantly runny today and she's sneezing like a trooper. This is a really dumb question but can babies have hay fever? If they can does it sound like hay fever to you. It's all the symptoms I tend to have. She's happy in herself and feeding normally I've checked her temp and it's 37 so that's ok. What can I do? It's horrible looking at her with puffy runny eyes and she's just smiling back at me. Can I ease the symptoms? Thanks in advance everyone.

Mouikey Tue 19-Jul-16 07:46:45

Can you pop some Vaseline on her nose? It can stop pollen from getting in! Also go talk to your pharmacist who maybe able to suggest something

tinyterrors Tue 19-Jul-16 10:42:07

It sounds like hayfever and afaik babies can have allergies the same as older children and adults.

I'd take her to the gp tbh as even if it is 'just' hayfever there might be something she can have for it to help her feel a bit better. Poor little thing if it is hayfever, I'm really suffering today and I don't usually get it too bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now