To wish i had teachers this inspiring and caring when i was at school !

(6 Posts)
sandyholme Mon 18-Jul-16 14:07:31

www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/family-relationships/grab-the-tissues-this-teachers-touching-letter-to-her-autistic-student-will-make-you-cry/ar-BBumYpA?li=BBoPOOl&ocid=SL5MDHP

This touching and caring letter shows that education ,learning and development is more than just passing exams.

The letter also shows the great bond that can develop between a child who is always trying and 'achieving' against the odds.

PerspicaciaTick Mon 18-Jul-16 14:17:24

I think it is a very thoughtful letter - but the school response sounds as though they want to downplay it. After all it is something they have done in previous years.

TheTroubleWithAngels Mon 18-Jul-16 14:50:53

Oh this things make my heart sink. IMO, they're nice but a bit.... Hallmark/ misguided.

It's very touching but there is something 'off' about publishing it. Did all of the children get one?

PerspicaciaTick Mon 18-Jul-16 14:54:38

TheTroubleWithAngels - I think he was the only child to get a letter because he was the only child in the school to sit his SATS.

TheTroubleWithAngels Mon 18-Jul-16 14:58:48

Oh, I see. Is it a private school?

I don't know why, I'm just suspicious of all these love-letters from teachers that social media loves so much.

PerspicaciaTick Mon 18-Jul-16 16:51:41

No. It is a community school for children with complex learning difficulties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now