Anyone else's anxiety unsettled in this heat

(13 Posts)
ConfuciousSayWhat Mon 18-Jul-16 00:58:38

Try as I might I can't sleep. The heat and humidity feels like I'm suffocating and so ive been in and out of a state of panic for a few hours. Anyone care to join me wishing summer to be over already?

supersoftcuddlytoys Mon 18-Jul-16 07:59:20

Get an electric fan and stop tying to fight it. It's only going to last a few days apparently.

AristotlesTrousers Mon 18-Jul-16 08:06:34

Is it specifically the heat and summer that's making you anxious, OP, or are you anxious about other things and the heat is making it worse?

Sugarlightly Mon 18-Jul-16 08:13:02

Tonight, have a cold shower right before bed, open all the windows and keep a cold drink by your bed and a cold flannel for you face of you feel like your face is hot. Don't sleep under the covers. Hair tied up so it doesn't stick to you

Mouikey Mon 18-Jul-16 08:20:28

Put ice blocks in your bed to cool the sheets - divine!

Botanicbaby Mon 18-Jul-16 08:24:45

You're not alone OP.

Please try not to worry, it will pass.

Cool cotton sheet & clean pillowcases each day, baby wipes by bed, cold drink filed with lots of ice & a bendy straw. Windows open, blinds closed. You'll be okay.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 18-Jul-16 08:26:28

I know what you mean OP xflowers

feelingmiffed Mon 18-Jul-16 08:39:55

I get you

One of my biggest anxieties is not being able to breathe properly ( thanks asthma angry) so I hate humid weather, it always makes me feel extra anxious

supersoftcuddlytoys Mon 18-Jul-16 09:08:50

I thought cold drinks when you're hot, is bad for you?

peggyundercrackers Mon 18-Jul-16 09:15:33

I thought cold drinks when you're hot, is bad for you?

Never heard that, I wonder why they would be bad for you?

OP if your that hot have a cold bath or shower to cool down, open windows in your bedroom and sleep on top of covers rather than under them.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 18-Jul-16 09:29:53

Tepid drinks are better apparently. Your body works harder when you drink cold drinks therefore making you hotter.

MermaidTears Mon 18-Jul-16 10:34:27

Me too. I nearly had to turn around and go home after I left for the school run 20 mins walk. Had a tight chest and shortness breath...anxiety is kicking in big time, the eat always antagonises it. It was pass for us I'm sure.

ConfuciousSayWhat Mon 18-Jul-16 15:18:03

You guys are wonderful, thanks for the support and ideas to make this evening more tolerable. So sorry others know exactly where I'm coming from with this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now