So I am flying in two weeks and utterly terrified.

(5 Posts)
MarthaElf Sat 16-Jul-16 19:22:14

I have flown several times before, know the statistics, safer than the journey to the airport in the car blah de blah, still utterly terrified. Had a panic attack last time at the airport and worse at the moment as had some moments of anxiety. Cannot knock myself out on the journey as have sen dd with me. Please help.

Bottomchops Sat 16-Jul-16 19:24:41

Poor you. I take tranquillisers that do not stay in your system. They do make me very er relaxed, but still capable, and unfortunately awake. It wouldn't hurt to see the gp and ask.

branofthemist Sat 16-Jul-16 19:26:18

Hi op

I am the same. I combat mine by having a couple of baileys in the departure lounge.

I have seen people post here that their GP has helped. Can you get an appointment?

Honeyandfizz Sat 16-Jul-16 19:29:06

Diazepam. Get to the GP and ask for it. Doesn't knock you out but helps you stay calm and see things in perspective.

TheJollyPostmansWife Sat 16-Jul-16 20:13:45

Diazepam doesn't touch the sides with me - went to the gp before a four flight holiday for some a couple of years ago and ended up taking the whole lot before first flight and still couldn't relax while dh slept the whole way Hypnosis also failed me. A stiff drink and then I watch something on the I pad with noise cancelling earphones and count to 120 as we take off as I heard the first two minutes are the most dangerous and it gives me something to concentrate on. Good luck, different things work for different people but you will almost certainly be fine if you can get on the plane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now