To think screaming toddlers have no place at a school play?

(9 Posts)
Windsofwinter Wed 13-Jul-16 06:32:07

So last night was DCs end of term play. All throughout the show, a toddler (18m maybe?) shouted and screamed. Non-stop. Sometimes she was crying, at other times just shrieking/making loud noises. Other that the odd "sshhhh" the parents made no effort to calm her or otherwise amuse her. This meant that I struggled to hear most of the play, and it was off putting for the children. AIBU to think that if your child is making this much noise you should take them outside?

ProudAS Wed 13-Jul-16 06:39:29

Absolutely, the children have worked hard and don't want their moment in the limelight ruined by a rowdy toddler.

KoalaDownUnder Wed 13-Jul-16 06:42:59

YANBU.

How selfish. Take them outside!

branofthemist Wed 13-Jul-16 06:44:06

Tabby. I understand some people don't have childcare. But the least you can do is take them out.

I just assumed that's what everyone did. Certainly what I did when ds kicked off, once, because he wanted to go sit on the stage with Dd.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 13-Jul-16 06:44:39

Thus is why my DDs school say children. can only attend the dress rehearsal, not the actual performances.

Poor kids, it's really not on wheb they've worked so hard for months to put on the show.

NickNacks Wed 13-Jul-16 06:45:16

Oh yes! We had this at the Reception family assembly, in the end The head asked them to step outside. grin

MollyTwo Wed 13-Jul-16 06:51:40

Yanbu, selfish twats. They should have been asked to go outside. How bloody inconsiderate to sit there while the child screams on. Unfair on the little kids who worked so hard, not to mention distracting for them.

JudasInTheTescoVan Wed 13-Jul-16 06:56:43

YANBU. I take DD 2 with me to all school things as I have no other childcare. She's 2 though and either gets bored or wants to go and see her brothers so I take things to entertain bribe her. If she gets too noisy we stand at the back/round the corner and she quietens down. If she didn't quieten down I'd take her out, it's not fair on anyone else otherwise.

boopsy Wed 13-Jul-16 07:05:32

Yanbu, really annoying you can see how upset the school kids get when their moment which they have practiced their hearts out for is ruined or they get distracted while the other kids snigger at the toddler. Rude entitled twats to think their little darling is more important than everyone else or worse still laughs with them beaming around at people in an 'ah isnt he cute' way. No. he isnt people have come to see their own child not listen to yours. Take him out ffs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now