AIBU to be annoyed

(5 Posts)
Julia2016 Tue 12-Jul-16 09:39:14

Had a hen day/night at the weekend, full day Saturday of pampering, hotel stay, dinner etc. Met up around 10am. I'm on fertility drugs and I was in the middle of the wait to see if I was pregnant or not. I have been out of sorts on the drugs a lot of the time mood wise. My two friends know my story. It was just the three of us for the day, it isn't the main hen just an additional one. My DD had my up at 5.30am on the Saturday morning so I was also pretty tired. I wasn't drinking much in case I was pregnant, sipping away.

I was fine all day, just a bit withdrawn and tired but partook in everything. I got very tired that evening and one of my friends is very bossy, had us scheduled to the hilt with activities which I never like, I wasn't very tolerant and answered back a few times. I'm very passive mostly and I think they were surprised. I'm never moody but like I said I'm not myself at the moment.

I wasn't in good form at dinner or afterwards and headed away around 12am. I text them to tell them I was back at the hotel, sorry I was a party pooper and to enjoy the rest of their night. They didn't reply which is fine, they were out enjoying themselves. I've since said the same over text to both separately and one of them said that I shouldn't have come out if I didn't want to and the other hasn't replied. I'm very much live and let live and I've supported them in the past when they've had their troubles but I am annoyed with them now. This was out of character for me and yet I feel they are punishing me. Maybe I should have stayed at home but I didn't want to let them down and I was looking forward to the day.

AIBU to be annoyed, I feel they should cut me a little slack. This is the first time my issues have ever impacted them, I rarely talk to them about it.

I know, I'm probably being overly sensitive too. sad

DeathStare Tue 12-Jul-16 09:58:31

You're being over-sensitive. You seem to be making a bigger deal about this than they are, and their reply wasn't unreasonable. Let it go

RubbleBubble00 Tue 12-Jul-16 09:59:14

Perhaps they need a little space as they are annoyed. I'd be pretty crossed if I'd pay for a day and night like that then have a friend be totally miserable and spoil the mood. They probably understand why you were that way but still be cross

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Tue 12-Jul-16 10:04:06

As you rarely talk to them about it they won't have much understanding of how you're feeling.

That said, if you were feeling withdrawn, tired and snappy then you probably shouldn't have went. It doesn't make for the best atmosphere in a small group if one is miserable the whole time.

It will all blow over I'm sure, but maybe talking more to them would help in the long run.

Julia2016 Tue 12-Jul-16 10:12:34

Thanks for the replies.

I never considered not going because it would have been a massive issue, I know that for sure.

Me and my moodiest isn't bad so the atmosphere wasn't awful or anything, just not my usual self, I'm usually the last one standing at parties.

I appreciate the different perspectives..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now