Neighbour hood noise

(7 Posts)
WiMoChi Mon 11-Jul-16 21:09:41

To one side we have two boy racers who jet wash their cars, Rev engines and chat. But only when their dad isn't there. The noise is non existent when daddy is there. They're very polite otherwise.

Currently the other (usually silent) neighbours are hoovering with the loudest Hoover in the world.

I have a very young sleep thief who these nuisance decibels often disturb.

I wondered if my neighbours are passively aggressively telling us we are loud. But my husband sleeps I the day as he works nights so we are quiet. My daughter doesn't cry loud. And we generally have a good relationship with these people. I also know this isn't illegal behaviour.

AIBU to think these noisy activities at this time of night is highly annoying?? Or am I just a boring bastard eating crisps in bed watching Big Brother getting irritated unreasonably?

Glovebug Tue 12-Jul-16 00:33:20

Can you speak to the dad and tell him the sons are being noisy when he's not there?

Normally silent neighbours vacuuming at 9pm is one to let go. They're hardly your antisocial neighbours from hell.

Next time the boy racers disturb you, start by having a friendly chat and explaining about your baby.

Some neighbourly noises are to be expected tbh and I get the sense that you're tired and crotchety.

branofthemist Tue 12-Jul-16 07:11:53

Apart from the reving of the engines, I can't see what you really have to complain about.

Washing their car and hoovering?

When they are revving their engine, go out and ask them to stop because they are disturbing your baby.

I don't want to say Yabu, because it sounds like you are in the middle of baby induced sleep deprecation. But you are a little bit. It doesn't sound like they are trying to tell you that you are noisy.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Tue 12-Jul-16 07:42:03

They're not really being that noisy but I do understand the difficulty that is a child/baby that is having sleep 'ishoos' & noises that are out of the norm. So YNBU to be irrationally annoyed but YWBU to go round & complain.

My NDN 22yo son has jusy moved back home (after only leaving home 6 months ago) due to the end of his long term relationship. He went out on the piss during the Euros, came home & decided it would be a very good idea to have a loud howling match with the dog. It only lasted about 15 minutes but coincided with me having got the baby to sleep at a reasonable hour for the first time in a long time. I was silently cursing him but was in a much better mood by the next morning because the baby slept until 5am. The first thing he did when I stepped outside for the school run was open his window & apologise in case he'd disturbed the children, bless him.

WiMoChi Tue 12-Jul-16 21:18:47

'Some neighbourly noises are to be expected tbh and I get the sense that you're tired and crotchety.'

You know me so well 🙄 😀

So the boy racers have been at it. Their friends car was parked right across our drive. Literally. Then owner of said car and his 'girlfriend' were on our drive, actually on our drive with a toolbox fixing another car. Why did they have to sand on our drive? Stand on the fookin path, or road. My dogs were going mad.

WiMoChi Tue 12-Jul-16 21:21:45

.....all whilst my husband lying on sofa in man flu oblivion when he should be searching for his back bone, I might add.

My daughter was delighted however. So much so she put a memory stick full of photos into my beaker of water.

In other news (because I'm not using Facebook anymore and need somewhere new to vent and that is how here) I've got a wonder drug from doctors that has obliterated my pregnancy heartburn 😀

Over and out ✌️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now