To report illegally parked car to the council?

(12 Posts)
PhoenixJasmine Sat 09-Jul-16 23:03:48

I live in a maisonette above a row of shops, accessed by an alleyway. I usually park down the road, but sometimes will drive down the alleyway to my back gate to offload heavy items etc. You can park in the alleyway but you end up blocking each other in a lot so I don't usually as it can be awkward asking neighbours to move etc and I don't want to cause bad feeling.

This evening I have come home with 2 heavy boxes in the car so planned to drive to my back gate to unload them. However, some wankbadger has parked RIGHT ACROSS the alleyway. As in, like on street parking as if the alleyway wasn't there.

I have left a note on the windscreen saying they have parked illegally and blocking residential access, please do not park here again. I took some photos as well.After lugging both my boxes down the street I am more than a little annoyed and have just found the councils out-of-hours parking violation phone number.... AIBU to report the private-numberplate-owning self-entitled cuntweasel to the council?

I've been home half an hour and it's still there.... I've had a mother of a day so I might be being less tolerant than usual.

BlackeyedSusan Sat 09-Jul-16 23:12:01

can.you.see.the.car.from.your.maisonette.so.we.get.live.updates?
YANBUto.report.them.

PhoenixJasmine Sat 09-Jul-16 23:14:00

Yup.

Keep looking out the window. It's still there.

Grr

lalaland1985 Sat 09-Jul-16 23:14:11

I do this! People double park on my narrow street all the bloody time. Cars can't get down it never mind emergency vehicles!

ExitPursuedByABear Sat 09-Jul-16 23:15:24

Your council has a spesh number for such occurrences! Impressed.

And I have a personal number plate. Just saying.

PhoenixJasmine Sat 09-Jul-16 23:25:58

According to the website it does. I was looking for an email address!

Just don't park across my alleyway and I won't pass judgement on number plates wink it's a twatty flashy car as well

apple1992 Sat 09-Jul-16 23:30:39

Yes report!

Becky546 Sat 09-Jul-16 23:31:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PhoenixJasmine Sat 09-Jul-16 23:38:13

DP said police as well. Council website implies they deal with this though.

It was there 5 mins ago but just went for one last check before I rang and it's gone!

Hope they saw my note may have flipped the other windscreen wiper up

The council probably care less retrospectively. I do have the photos though.

Just so bloody inconsiderate. Really pissed me off.

Becky546 Sat 09-Jul-16 23:44:23

SheHasAWildHeart Sat 09-Jul-16 23:45:42

There's someone in my street who parks their six seater on a crossing. I contacted council who told me to tell the police. Told police they told me to tell council sad I've contacted the police several times and apart from giving the driver "advice" they said they aren't going to do anything else,

Becky546 Sat 09-Jul-16 23:50:03

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now