to think that the number of disabled loos should be proportionate to the number of disabled spaces

(20 Posts)
Ilovetea82 Sat 09-Jul-16 22:58:29

and the same for parent and child spaces/changing facilities.

There always seems to be huge numbers of disabled spaces but usually only one or two disabled loos - surely this shouldn't be the case and like wise for parent and child spaces.

60sname Sat 09-Jul-16 23:01:51

Well how many standard parking spaces does the average supermarket have, and how many loos?! Surely asking for proportionality would actually reduce the number of disabled loos?

Scribblegirl Sat 09-Jul-16 23:03:17

But not everyone needs the loo at the same time.. <feels like she's missing the point>

grannytomine Sat 09-Jul-16 23:04:37

My husband uses the disabled loos, he never seems to have to wait. In fact if we are out it is me queuing at the ladies and he is waiting for me.

EdmundCleverClogs Sat 09-Jul-16 23:05:06

Most supermarkets I go to either have one big loo, or three seperate ones (male, female and disabled). I'm confused to how many toilets you expect to be in a place you visit? Do you want each blue badge holder to have their own personal toilet? confused

ExitPursuedByABear Sat 09-Jul-16 23:07:55

Where are you talking about sweetheart?

gamerchick Sat 09-Jul-16 23:10:14

How long does it take you to have a piss? As long as it takes you to park and get into a shop?

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Sat 09-Jul-16 23:10:18

What about places without a car park?

Daft really. Not everyone who needs a blue badge space needs an accessible loo - and vice versa.

Kalispera Sat 09-Jul-16 23:12:28

Well my local tesco has maybe...20-25 disabled spaces. Are you saying it should have 20-odd disabled loos?

Supermarkets only have maybe 3/4 regular toilets anyway per gender so I would suggest the ratio is probably better for peeing than parking grin

OwlinaTree Sat 09-Jul-16 23:20:01

My Morrisons only has 3 ladies' toilets and one baby change/accessible. Let's assume the male toilets have one cubicle and 3 urinals. So 8 facilities. There are not 1/8th blue badge parking spaces and parent parking spaces in the carpark, more like 1/20th so there are already a disproportionately large number of accessible toilets compared with those for everybody else.

MonkeysWAGMug Sat 09-Jul-16 23:38:15

Please explain your rationale here. confused
Not everyone using those spaces will even need to go to the toilet during their visit. And even if they do all need to go to the toilet are you assuming they'll all need to go at the same time?

Crunchymum Sat 09-Jul-16 23:48:00

My local Sainburys has 9 disabled parking bays, 6 parent and toddler and no toilets!!

BarmySmarmy Sun 10-Jul-16 00:03:44

I never go to the toilet when I go to the supermarket.

manicinsomniac Sun 10-Jul-16 00:09:14

This is nonsensical. Everyone needs to park and spend time in the place. Only a very small percentage will want to use the toilet while there. Whether disabled or not.

ilovesooty Sun 10-Jul-16 01:22:30

People won't spend as long in the toilet as they do in a parking space either.

Mummyme1987 Sun 10-Jul-16 01:26:06

I think two disabled loos is enough

IoraRua Sun 10-Jul-16 01:37:41

Er, no. For the simple reason that not everyone needs the loo at once. Shopping centres have hundreds of parking spaces - should they then have hundreds of loos?

JackieAndHyde4eva Sun 10-Jul-16 01:41:23

I've never had to queue for the toilet in my local asda and never seen anyone waiting to use the disabled toilet. I've had to wait a couple of times for the baby change.

OhStacey Sun 10-Jul-16 01:43:40

Say what?!?!

splendide Sun 10-Jul-16 06:21:09

It's not clear what you mean by proportionate - are you arguing for more or fewer toilets?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now