Please tell me to get a grip (yes, faceache)

(13 Posts)
HicDraconis Fri 08-Jul-16 10:18:55

Hand my arse to me on a plate, etc.

I wrote a status update with my feelings on Brexit and the junior doctors contract. Along the lines of narrow margin of majority for one but democracy dictates it is a done deal; large majority against the other but it's being imposed anyway and that the Chilcot Report allowed the announcement to be buried in other news. That the person with a vested interest in privatising the NHS wasn't the best person to be in charge of decision making.

A relatively close family member has cut & pasted, added 2-3 words and reposted as his own. He has many likes, shares, "oh you're so clever can I repost this on Twitter" comments - and no acknowledgement that his ideas were actual mine!

AIBU to write "fuck off, the original was better" as a comment?

(4 wines and half a bar of chocolate, no sleep for 24h as was on call and have been working since 8am yesterday ... it's 9pm now ... Hand me a grip or five please...)

MaidOfStars Fri 08-Jul-16 10:20:53

Maybe not 'fuck off' but 'Thanks for sharing my post'.

monkeywithacowface Fri 08-Jul-16 10:23:32

Agree a nice passive aggressive "thanks for sharing my post, glad you agree with me"

DeadGood Fri 08-Jul-16 10:24:18

Yep, thanks for sharing my post sounds good.
This happened to me once and I feel your pain, it's bloody cheeky!

dudsville Fri 08-Jul-16 10:25:54

What odd behaviour on his part. That said, personally I'd let it go unless you were looking for glory.

molyholy Fri 08-Jul-16 10:28:16

Cheeky bugger!! Yes, deffo a pass agg message about being flattered that he copied your original post.

HicDraconis Fri 08-Jul-16 10:40:14

Not looking for glory. But pissed off that he's getting all this adulation! Sigh. Wine not helping. Need to channel some inner "who gives a flying fox" but too damn tired.

Boogers Fri 08-Jul-16 10:42:11

"I'm really pleased that you agree with me to the point that you use my writing as your own".

Cheeky fucker! I'm obviously more aggressive than passive but he's still bloody cheeky and I would definitely be saying something, though after a bit of wine and very little sleep I'd be inclined to sleep on it and leave it to your dreamy subconscious to come up with a suitable reply. Get some sleep and it will come to you smile

Hastalapasta Fri 08-Jul-16 10:44:23

Yup, passive aggressive is the way forward if you want to burst his adulation bubble. I have this in conversation a lot, I say something, get ignored, DH repeats it verbatim, met with 'quite right, excellent point/suggestion' apparently I lack gravitas...

pictish Fri 08-Jul-16 10:50:11

"Thanks for sharing my post, I'm glad you agree with me."
Whoever suggested that has got it.

toadgirl Fri 08-Jul-16 11:00:23

Send this!

LauderSyme Fri 08-Jul-16 11:11:26

Maybe leave out the swearing whilst making it clear he plagiarised you. And pointedly assert your copyright in future!
I've got a cartoon picture of a board meeting, all men at the table except for one woman. The chairman is saying "That's an excellent suggestion Miss Smith, perhaps one of the men can make it instead..."
This happens all the time IRL and is why YANBU.

HicDraconis Fri 08-Jul-16 11:12:03

toadgirl I love it.

I should feel flattered. Maybe I will when I wake up tomorrow.

I knew I should've posted here first ... While I didn't write "fuck off", I did comment "the original was better 😜" ... much prefer everyone else's!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now