Opposite sleep patterns

(5 Posts)
spinyffud Thu 07-Jul-16 06:53:30

Today 06:51 spinyffud

I struggle to get over to sleep, but generally can sleep once I get over. My husband is the opposite- sleeps as soon as his head hits the pillow, but gets up early.

He now gets up at 6 am to go to the gym before work (previously used to get up at 6.50). I can't get back over to sleep after his alarm goes off at 5.50.

The result is I'm utterly sleep deprived and having to survive on 5 hours/ night. That extra hour was crucial to me.

Ive asked him to go to gym in evenings- he won't. Life is very stressful for us both (dealing with infertility) and he sees the gym as a stress relief.

I've now asked him to sleep in the spare room during the week when he is getting up so early as I can't cope with the tiredness. I've no energy and am emotional and upset.

Am I unreasonable to want him to sleep in spare room? He is annoyed.

Griphook Thu 07-Jul-16 06:56:53

If I was him or oils want to know what you going to do to support yourself getting to sleep earlier. I would also tell you to go in the spare room every other night

MollyTwo Thu 07-Jul-16 07:00:38

Why should he go, you should be the one going into the spare room?

spinyffud Thu 07-Jul-16 07:06:46

He prefers spare room as there are 2 Windows. I literally have tried everything to help me get over to sleep; acupuncture, herbs, reflexology, relaxation, CBT, sleeping tablets, all sleep hygiene. Nothing works.

clicknclack Thu 07-Jul-16 07:53:38

I am a night owl and would be ticked. How would he like an alarm going off at midnight?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now