To not be sure what to do?

(6 Posts)
ktalgfdk Tue 05-Jul-16 23:56:37

Starting a new job in sept. Friend wants us to go on a mini break together for 4 days beforehand, coming back the Sunday (ie the day) before I start. I'm moving house beforehand but should have everything ready by then. AIBU to feel this is a bit risky?

AnnaMarlowe Tue 05-Jul-16 23:58:51

The holiday sounds (to me) like an additional stress on top of everything else (although some people would consider it a nice rest I know).

Why does it need to be at that time?

Blondie1984 Wed 06-Jul-16 00:01:17

If you are moving house beforehand then i imagine you will be shattered from that - so i guess it depends on whether the holiday would be one on which you relax or one that is going to be quite active - the last thing you want is to start your new job knackered.....if it was me, I wouldn't as I would want to spend the weekend getting myself prepped and in the right frame of mind but I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here....

ktalgfdk Wed 06-Jul-16 00:10:58

Yeah this is what I think!

I'm moving cities at the beginning of the month then would be going on hol thurs-sun, she has exams the month prior so I think these would be the best dates for her whereas technically I can do any four days between now and then.

I don't know what to suggest?

ktalgfdk Wed 06-Jul-16 00:12:08

When I say moving house, it is a flatshare do nothing too stressful. But equally I want to get to know the people I'm sharing with and sort out bill payments etc etc, argh not sure!

AnnaMarlowe Wed 06-Jul-16 00:14:48

Flip a coin for it. You'll know the right answer when it lands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now