To put fruit in his shoes?

(14 Posts)
Orda1 Mon 04-Jul-16 20:23:57

Ok this wasn't actually me and some of you probably heard it on the radio.

Anyway, as always I was listening to Radio 2 on the way home today and the confession came on. For anyone that doesn't listen these are stories sent in from listeners, usually funny and with no real consequences however I was a bit shock at today's.

Lady went to Wimbledon with her adult son. Arrives at Henman Hill, no room at all. Sometime later they spot a small patch of grass and pounce on it, apparently just enough to sit cross legged.

They are sat behind two men who has a big space, have obviously been there a long time to get a good spot, blanket, stretched out, you get the picture. One of the men has also taken off his shoes and put them neatly at the side of the blanket.

The woman gradually pokes the shoes forward to give herself more room, man eventually notices shoes have moved and moves back, this happens a few times but no one speaks. At the end of the match the two men go somewhere temporarily (I'm not sure where shoeless) and the lady accidentally drops a few squashed strawberries into his shoe, then some cream and then some PORK PIE! I was completely wtf at this point.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks completely out of order. The justification of all this was that the men had more room...

NavyAndWhite Mon 04-Jul-16 20:28:05

Well it's quite funny.

Disneyhasbrainwashedmyfamily Mon 04-Jul-16 20:33:48

Slightly odd behavior, the men would obviously know this lady had done it so unless she did it and run its just asking for trouble...not something I would do

CharlieSierra Mon 04-Jul-16 20:35:12

I thought it was funny that a strawberry fell in his shoe, but not after that. Definitely not forgiven from me.

Orda1 Mon 04-Jul-16 20:36:22

Sorry yes she did run.

Paintedhandprints Mon 04-Jul-16 21:14:37

Batshit. If she wanted a good space she should have gotten there early. It always annoys me how some people arrive late at a crowded event and try to muscle me out of the way. I hate crowds.

Donthate Mon 04-Jul-16 21:20:17

Not as bad as the mumsnetter who put dog poo in someone's hood!

Oysterbabe Mon 04-Jul-16 22:27:45

She was unreasonable to waste pork pie, I'd have eaten that.

WorraLiberty Mon 04-Jul-16 22:31:38

If she'd added some custard and sponge, it would have been a trifle odd.

MalcolmTuckersEyebrows Mon 04-Jul-16 22:34:34

Nah, dog poo hood woman was way better grin

MalcolmTuckersEyebrows Mon 04-Jul-16 22:35:37

Worra grin badum-tish

whois Mon 04-Jul-16 23:37:47

Not as bad as the mumsnetter who put dog poo in someone's hood!
Whaaaaaaat really???

MalcolmTuckersEyebrows Tue 05-Jul-16 12:30:52

Iirc it was to do with the hooded woman's dog leaving a huge poo in some grass, possibly.near a cafe (I'm a bit hazy in the details). The person who put the poo in the hood I think had asked the dog owner to clear it up and she had refused.

5Foot5 Tue 05-Jul-16 13:06:27

I heard that confession too and I agree with OP. The woman was not forgiven from me. Sounds very childish actually - she should have tried getting there a bit earlier

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now