not to tell friend I am pregnant

(6 Posts)
Ilovetea82 Sat 02-Jul-16 15:42:09

Our close friends have had an awful few years but are now happily expecting again via Ivf
Friend texted on Saturday to say it was a positive test to myself and some others. So very very happy for them.
Come Tuesday I found out I am also expecting - should I return the favour and tell her she will hopefully have a baby buddy or just leave it until the usual time to share... Is it unreasonable not to want to share too?

branofthemist Sat 02-Jul-16 15:43:57

Congratulations. That's a difficult one.

Personally i would wait a few days/ a week or so before telling anyone at all. And then tell her personally.

EatShitDerek Sat 02-Jul-16 15:43:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

branofthemist Sat 02-Jul-16 15:44:53

Sorry mis read. You want to keep it secret for a while. I think that's fine. Then tell her when you are ready.

You are not obliged to tell her early as she told you.

Ilovetea82 Sat 02-Jul-16 15:50:58

Yes I also want to let them bask in their good news for a bit - they very much deserve it.
I think I'll wait until I see them in a few weeks and share then if all is well (for both of us)
Thank you smile

44PumpLane Sat 02-Jul-16 16:50:17

I think you're right (and very kind), it'll be nice for her to have s few weeks in the limelight of her news

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now