Where is summer? I blame Cameron/Corbyn/Gove

(9 Posts)
flappingbingowings Fri 01-Jul-16 22:59:13

Everytime I go outside it is either cold, wet or both

I can't work out who is to blame. Is it Cameron and his ludicrous decision to hold the referendum vote? Or is it Corbyn's fault for being crap Labour leader? Or Gove for being a general shitbag? Or is Nicloa Sturgeon somehow complicit?

Surely someone holds the key to sunshine?

BeALert Sat 02-Jul-16 00:37:16

It's sunny here in New England. Thanks Obama.

BeALert Sat 02-Jul-16 00:38:05

The only rain was on the day Trump visited. Actually true.

RavenclawRemedials Sat 02-Jul-16 00:54:55

I think it's all to do with farting cows and their effect on the atmosphere, flapping. Although politicians' hot air probably doesn't help. wink Apparently global warming strengthens the Atlantic conveyor (not sure I understand how) which is currently sending all this cloud and rain our way and ensuring that the jetstream parks its soggy arse all over the British Isles.

I'm a fan of the Meaning of Liff and I'm looking for some little village with the right name to describe the year-long rains that often replace the 'four seasons' in this country, which I've long thought are a myth.

sall74 Sat 02-Jul-16 06:32:20

A few weeks back when we had a few days of humid, sticky uncomfortable weather, that was summer... now we can look forward to 3 months of cool, grey, overcast weather.

HoggleHoggle Sat 02-Jul-16 06:57:53

Slight overreaction coming, but....I am actually starting to RAGE about the summer. Weeks and bloody weeks of cloud, if not torrential rain. Miserable. I've been stuck inside with a toddler more often than I am some winters at the moment.

bertsdinner Sat 02-Jul-16 07:14:26

We havnt had any summer where I am, just cold, grey skies and rain. Ive still got the heating on.
Last week was mild (about 15 degrees), so maybe that was our summer.

PinkSquash Sat 02-Jul-16 07:15:43

Our summer was 2 weeks ago, there was some warm sunshine. I'm blaming Boris.

RebelandaStunner Sat 02-Jul-16 08:29:50

It's Gove's fault. Every time he speaks through his slobbery lips he sets off another downpour.
I don't want muggy though just a nice dry spell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now