Chupachupslips Fri 01-Jul-16 20:52:16

💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

NavyAndWhite Fri 01-Jul-16 20:52:49

Rightio confused

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Fri 01-Jul-16 20:52:50

LTB

Pendu Fri 01-Jul-16 20:55:25

Oops forgot the post ....

Basically I had a 20 week scan today and h didn't get time off . He didn't even ask. Then the scan was delayed so I called him and he had left work already , so I asked him to pick up the dc because now I was stuck between collecting them or having my scan. But he just said it was disgusting and hung up - his reason (apart from it being "my problem" ) was that he wanted to give a car we had on rent back a day early (they were closing) to save about £10 max. So I had to leave the hospital without my scan to collect the dc...

He's now angry at me for being upset with him.... He thinks I lacked planning or consideration for him, whereas I think since I did have the opportunity to have the scan since he actually could have collected the boys due to the delay but chose not to that he was wrong ....

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Fri 01-Jul-16 20:56:06

Personally I hate Y. It sits at the top of the keyboard all smug and superior, knowing it's not possible to write any day of the week without it. Smug little fucker.... angry [helpful]

FraggleMountain Fri 01-Jul-16 20:58:02

YANBU. I'd be very disappointed. Congrats on your pregnancy!

maddening Fri 01-Jul-16 20:58:36

Yanbu at all!

NavyAndWhite Fri 01-Jul-16 20:58:56

What was disgusting?

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Fri 01-Jul-16 20:59:19

x-post! He thought you having a scan was disgusting? confused

Yes, I'd be upset too.

NavyAndWhite Fri 01-Jul-16 20:59:28

What are you on about NeedMore?? grin

GooodMythicalMorning Fri 01-Jul-16 21:00:02

Yanbu at all! He stopped you having an important scan for the sake of ten quid.

MollyTwo Fri 01-Jul-16 21:00:04

Yanbu at all! What an insensitive idiot, he doesn't seem to care. Why are you having kids with him if this is his attitude.

Pettywoman Fri 01-Jul-16 21:00:12

YANBU. Is he always that pigheaded? He thinks it's fine for his unborn child and children to suffer so he can get one over on you. Do you love him?

Pendu Fri 01-Jul-16 21:00:43

Thanks smile

I understand it's his first so maybe it doesn't seem that important to him but considering I had problems with my other dc with growth etc, he could have at least a) made an effort to actually come and b)not prioritise a tenner over the baby ... I don't recon they even gave him money off for dropping it early anyway angry it's not as if he's on the bread line

RJnomore1 Fri 01-Jul-16 21:01:42

You've had a few joke posts cos you mistyped at first but now I've read it and that is fucking hideous of him. Presuming you're not on the breadline where £10 is the difference between eating over the weekend or not - he made you miss a vital monitoring appointment for a tenner? And he is in a mood? What did he say was disgusting I did t quite get that bit.

How is he usually and how has he been about the pregnancy so far?

Pendu Fri 01-Jul-16 21:01:46

He thinks having to collect the DC (literally he was passing them) over doing what he wanted to do was disgusting

deathtoheadlice Fri 01-Jul-16 21:03:58

He is disgusting. Yanbu and he owes you a massive apology. Angry on your behalf!

NavyAndWhite Fri 01-Jul-16 21:04:54

Well he sounds pretty rank tbf OP.

How long have you been with him?

deathtoheadlice Fri 01-Jul-16 21:05:00

And is that degree of contempt for you and the children normal for him? If so I'd be worried. Not the one pickup but the contempt!

BitOutOfPractice Fri 01-Jul-16 21:05:45

Good luck with him when you've had the baby.

Have you known him a long time?

Pendu Fri 01-Jul-16 21:05:51

He swings from being an ass to being ok. In his defence in His "culture" the dads don't get involved at all, the girls go back to their parents for a few months but I know any of his friends who are here act like any other decent guy.

I fibbed now and said I don't get another chance (to see if anything hits home ) but he just shrugged. I literally moved mountains today to organise after school clubs and collecting one of the cars from a garage and also finishing off some study work but it all went to pot due to the delay, and still he blames my lack of organisation

Pendu Fri 01-Jul-16 21:06:17

Married 2.5 years

happypoobum Fri 01-Jul-16 21:07:29

He sounds like a prince sad What on earth do you see in him?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now