To rant on here so I don't start an argument!

(13 Posts)
KellyBoo800 Fri 01-Jul-16 19:57:40

I already know I'm being unreasonable but I'm grumpy after a bad day and long week at work!

DH had a day off sick today, although he was just feeling a bit under the weather and not really very ill. Whatever, not really any of my business. But he's done no housework whatsoever. Wet clothes still in the washing machine that I put on last night (I leave for work at 6am so never do housework before I leave in the morning - he starts much later than I do). Dishwasher full of dirty dishes, with DSS's bowl from breakfast sat in the sink (the taps been on too, so the bowl and tub in the sink are full of half milk and half water). He's been to the shops and bought some DIY bits, just left them in the kitchen with nothing put away.

I will say now that he will tidy everything up this evening without any real complaint (although I will feel guilty for not helping, even though I've worked a 50 hour week and feel sick as a dog), but only if I mention it. He's a bit of a slob. Not lazy but just doesn't have as high expectations of our home as I do.

I know I'm being unreasonable because he is lovely in so many ways and does a lot for me (I do lots for him too, including commuting back from London early one afternoon a week to do the school run for DSS because my job is more flexible than his). I do a lot more housework than he does but he pulls more than just his weight in other areas so it balances out. Today I am just in a grump at him having a day off sick just to have a lazy day (he was well enough to be playing football in the garden with DSS after school so he's really not too unwell). I don't get that option!

I also finished work late and text him to ask him to order a takeaway with my card details - and he got it wrong!! Him and DSS got exactly what they wanted but he 'misread' my order.

AIBU to rant on here instead of bringing it up to him because actually it's no big deal and I don't fancy an argument?

And would it also BU to ask him very nicely for a cup of tea and biscuits in bed to make up for getting my order wrong 😆

LouBlue1507 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:05:50

Hi - Rant away!! I do think it's best you vent here rather than at your DH. He's been ill (probably man flu) but still, it could lead to an argument...

In all fairness of it was a woman who had taken a day off work ill and her DH moaned that she'd done no housework all day, there would be an uproar!..... Just something to think of...

KellyBoo800 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:18:52

You're right! It's not his fault that I do housework when I'm ill, he never asks or expects me to, it's just what I do. I think I'm just jealous that he doesn't feel thr compulsion for a tidy house like I do all the time.

springwaters Fri 01-Jul-16 20:20:51

He was sick. If he was able to do housework the he was able to go to work. He wasn't able to go to work and so quite rightly he wasn't able to do anything else.

MrsHathaway Fri 01-Jul-16 20:22:00

He was well enough to mooch round a DIY shop though hmm

Eeeek686 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:24:57

I'm a bit shocked that he took the day off sick yet still went shopping for 'diy bits', tbh! shock medicine maybe, or essential supplies (bread/milk) but home improvement gear?! Wasnt he at least concerned he might have been spotted and dobbed in??

As my old mum used to say - if you're too sick for school you can't be off gadding about all over town!
although she was a notoriously harsh old bat so maybe impartial
grin

BeenThereTooSEL Fri 01-Jul-16 20:36:32

Get into bed, tell him you were going to give him the time of his life...but he was too sick for work and house work so you'd better leave it ha ha! grin

KellyBoo800 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:39:37

His job is quite mentally draining so I know sometimes he just needs a day "off" to switch his brain off a bit...doesn't happen much but I get it. I would do exactly the same if I was able to, if I felt I needed to.

But yep, if he can do a spot of shopping (nowhere near his work so he would never get 'caught') and play footie in the garden, 15 minutes of housework wouldn't have hurt him!

I've got my cup of tea in bed now though, so all is forgiven grin

KellyBoo800 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:40:14

BeenThere - best suggestion, might have to!!

Floggingmolly Fri 01-Jul-16 20:40:42

He went shopping for DIY stuff, then came home and played football in the garden... Surely the lazy arse could have gone to work? Doesn't sound that sick.

BeenThereTooSEL Fri 01-Jul-16 20:43:38

I know it's cheeky but it makes me laugh

MorrisZapp Fri 01-Jul-16 20:46:50

I once got sent the wrong takeaway. I haven't forgotten it and still hold a grudge.

KellyBoo800 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:49:01

MorrisZapp I have accidently told him that a cup of tea will redeem him for the takeaway incident...knowing full well I will hold a grudge for a very long time grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now