To wish Gordon brown would just return and lead

(129 Posts)
sandrabedminster Fri 01-Jul-16 11:32:56

He never really got a decent chance. He was one of the most successful Chancellors.

The deficit he ran up was much less than George and Dave have run up during times of "austerity".

He was responsible for many of the amazing welfare introductions such as tax credits that have helped loads of families out of poverty.

HomerSimpsonsStubble Fri 01-Jul-16 11:35:01

Let's get Tony back too.

ilovesooty Fri 01-Jul-16 11:36:29

Oh well OP. I think this one might be edgier than your thread from yesterday.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Fri 01-Jul-16 11:38:29

Is that you Jeremy?

RaeSkywalker Fri 01-Jul-16 11:39:34

Didn't he say that there would be "no return to boom and bust" in our economy? That shows a genuine lack of understanding of basic economics to me!

Yes, I think he got a raw deal, but I'm not sure he's the answer I'm afraid.

Titsalinabumsquash Fri 01-Jul-16 11:41:04

I only want Gordon back if he'll pile money into cystic fibrosis research and care for his son and mine and thousands of others that have it. (Yes I know I'm selfish)

sandrabedminster Fri 01-Jul-16 11:42:11

Eh? What is the answer then? He never really got a fair go at it.

If the answer is gove, Teresa or Jeremy -Gordon would be much better!

PresidentCJCregg Fri 01-Jul-16 11:42:59

He did get a raw deal. But if Jeremy Corbyn is being ousted because he apparently has an inability to lead effectively, then I can't see how GB could be seen any differently.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Fri 01-Jul-16 11:43:19

Well that's true.

Flashbangandgone Fri 01-Jul-16 11:54:25

Bring back Neil Kinnock... He sorted out the far-left before - necessary if Labour are to be electable - so surely a good choice in th current circumstances!

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Fri 01-Jul-16 11:57:11

It's just hard to believe that in a country full of smart, hardworking, great people we can't get a decent leader. Someone who isn't inept or an ego maniac. I'm worried.

TheNaze73 Fri 01-Jul-16 12:02:17

Gordon did brilliantly with our gold....

YABVU

EightAce Fri 01-Jul-16 12:06:57

Oh for the love of god no. Complete disaster, unpleasantly aggressive and lacking in a fundamental understanding of economics.

Unless you mean that he should return (to Fife) and lead (the choir in the Kirkcaldy Amateur Operatic Society's production of the Mikado?)

dreamingofsun Fri 01-Jul-16 12:10:05

so he can sell our assets of at rock bottom prices, like he did our gold stock?

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe Fri 01-Jul-16 12:13:07

Unless you mean that he should return (to Fife) and lead (the choir in the Kirkcaldy Amateur Operatic Society's production of the Mikado?)

grin

trixymalixy Fri 01-Jul-16 12:13:36

Oh FGS, have a Google and educate yourselves about the reason for the gold being sold!!

vienna1981 Fri 01-Jul-16 12:13:48

Is this a joke ?

peachpudding Fri 01-Jul-16 12:16:26

Oh god, not the bigoted brown who almost bankrupt the country. Please can someone put up a border quick to stop him getting into England.

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe Fri 01-Jul-16 12:18:13

I did used to find his bottom lip quite fascinating though.

Letmehaveausername Fri 01-Jul-16 12:18:46

Why don't we just go the whole hawk and get Tony Blair back? That way we can start more wars, run the country even higher into debt and run the poorest even deeper into poverty, all in the name of making Britain ^great.

JoffreyBaratheon Fri 01-Jul-16 12:19:00

Blair made sure everything was going to hell in a handbasket before handing it to Gordon.

I always loved Gordon and his Byronic looks as a young man.

Tories are actually historically failures at running theeconomy but at elections manage to sell the myth that they're capable.

LadyAntonella Fri 01-Jul-16 12:23:57

"Bigoted Brown"? Was he bigoted or do you mean he called that lady bigoted? I never understood why he got so much shit for that. It wasn't a great thing to say but she was actually saying some faulty bigoted things was she not?

Anyway, I don't think GB is the answer, but I'd take him over JC at this point. I've already said why I'd vote against JC on another thread but in brief, it's because of the behaviour displayed by some of his supporters, especially the Ruth Smeeth incident yesterday which was disgusting antisemetism.

LadyAntonella Fri 01-Jul-16 12:24:17

*fairly bigoted

SonicSpotlight Fri 01-Jul-16 12:28:05

If we're going throwback how about Margaret Beckett. She has been interim leader. Then we could have Margaret and Margaret at PMQs.

HooseRice Fri 01-Jul-16 12:28:22

Exactly peach

Brown is an ineffectual, pension plundering twazzock.

<remembers him selling off the country's gold reserves when prices were rock bottom>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now