To ask if you would be upset by this?

(11 Posts)
SandysMom Wed 29-Jun-16 14:48:15

In friendship group with a and b.

A and I are both about to start work so have a few months off; thinking of going away on hol for a week. Have semi-planned this but not booked. Would be great if b could come too but not sure whether she has enough hol allowance and also don't want to go on about it in her presence.

Have sent message to both asking about whether we all want to arrange a holiday in summer. Thing is, if b can't make it, would it be bad if a and I went anyway? As I said we will invite her and would love for her to come but don't want to be insensitive!

SandysMom Wed 29-Jun-16 14:49:10

Other problem is that there's only really a window of about 10 days that we can both do...

AlpacaLypse Wed 29-Jun-16 14:50:49

I see nothing wrong with you and a going together if b doesn't have enough holiday days. The only bad thing would be if you and a insisted on going during a week that she isn't allowed to go because other people have already booked it. But since you and a are pretty flexible right now, that's not going to happen.

AlpacaLypse Wed 29-Jun-16 14:52:05

Sorry, xposted. In that case, tell her what you're thinking of and ask her. Sooner the better if you want her to be able to come so she can book the time before anyone else does.

SandysMom Wed 29-Jun-16 14:53:26

Thinking of mid July... Have sent message and asked if that would be any good for her. What to say if she says it wouldn't? I would feel bad going away having asked her!

SandysMom Wed 29-Jun-16 14:53:38

Thank you btw smile

SandysMom Wed 29-Jun-16 15:03:17

Anyone else have any advice please?

ImperialBlether Wed 29-Jun-16 15:06:19

Of course two friends can go on holiday without a third friend if the third friend has been invited with a range of dates and can't make any of them.

Nannawifeofbaldr Wed 29-Jun-16 15:09:48

It's fine, just word it carefully.

You and A are going on holiday from X date to X date. You'd love it if she could join you. If she says 'no' you say, nevermind maybe you can come next time.

MyKingdomForBrie Wed 29-Jun-16 15:16:41

Gosh of course it's fine!! Only way it wouldn't be ok is if you didn't invite her at all! Why on earth would you both miss out if another friend cannot make it?!

Tryingtostayyoung Wed 29-Jun-16 20:16:20

What Nannawifeofbaldr said

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now