to think "Fuck the fuck off ATOS"

(4 Posts)
PreAdvent13610 Tue 28-Jun-16 22:35:52

Today I wanted to celebrate. My ASD DS has done the washing up. He hates washing up, is scared of dirty water and dishes, can just about cope with the dishwasher so long as there is nothing with the wrong smell. Some days he won't even open the bloody dishwasher just in case it is wrong. I've just had to tell ATOS all the crappy things about my 6ft 2 normal looking young man. Again.
Why can't I just be happy that he has done a chore. That he might learn to be independent before I die.
Fuck off ATOS it really hurts to have to concentrate on the bad bits and not celebrate the little steps.
RANT OVER
Thanks for doing the washing up DS, it was appreciated.

mistlethrush Tue 28-Jun-16 22:41:25

How great that your DS has managed this today! Great achievement if he's got issues with smells, dirty water etc.

wheresthel1ght Wed 29-Jun-16 17:19:22

Ha if watched my best friends brother grown up with severe autism and at the ripe age of 34 still refuses to speak to his own parents 80% of the time and who has never acknowledged his mum as "mum" - can I please say a massive congratulations to both you and your son!!!

What an absolutely amazing achievement. You should both be exceptionally proud!!!

wheresthel1ght Wed 29-Jun-16 17:19:38

Ha if = having

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now