to keep both DC at home

(10 Posts)
buttertoffee Tue 28-Jun-16 18:25:24

next week is teachers strike. both DC attend the same school. 3/4 of the children will be at home due to staffing shortages and for 1/4 it will be school as usual. I have 2 DC and one will be at home and the other will have lessons.

I work and will have to take AL. extremely inconvenient for me. In addition to school hols and 5 inset days, this is the second additional day off (if only fineswould work the other way round, eh?) and I would actually really like to make use of the day and have a proper day out.

WIBU to keep both children off? Both have 100% attendance this year. And what do I tell school? I cannot lie as DC1 would give me away the next day.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 28-Jun-16 18:30:14

I would. go enjoy yourself

Dozer Tue 28-Jun-16 18:30:50

Yanbu

PoisonWitch Tue 28-Jun-16 18:34:56

Don't say anything or just send a text saying x won't be in. You don't need to explain yourself.

buttertoffee Tue 28-Jun-16 18:37:38

poison isn't that unauthorised then?

buttertoffee Tue 28-Jun-16 18:38:14

suppose they cannot really fine me if they don't take my other child that day?

miraclebabyplease Tue 28-Jun-16 18:39:56

Be honest and tell them it is due to the strike. One day with 100% attendance won't make a difference.

buttertoffee Tue 28-Jun-16 18:43:54

our head is so strict with it. he usually has a zero tolerance.

oh well, will sleep over it.... still got a few days to mull over things.

ditavonteesed Tue 28-Jun-16 18:46:49

what day is teachers strike? I haven;t heard anything about it which is unnerving.
Keep them both off if you must ring them just tell them why it isnlt fair for one sibling to be off but not the other, go and do something nice.

buttertoffee Tue 28-Jun-16 18:48:29

5 July

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now