There should be Cat Wardens, cats should wear nappies or be kept inside!

(109 Posts)
Ilovechocolate80 Mon 27-Jun-16 18:18:18

Pregnant. Partner hardly home. Cat uses my front garden, back garden and PORCH as the preferred venue for his poo parades. It's gross and I can't pick it up as don't want to catch Toxoplasmosis. Feel pissed that I even have to. Parter pissed at having to go on poo collection duty when he gets back. Cat laws are needed!

EatShitDerek Mon 27-Jun-16 18:19:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ghostyslovesheep Mon 27-Jun-16 18:20:18

it's not nice but you can pick it up - use poo bags and wash your hands

TheLionSleepsAha Mon 27-Jun-16 18:23:05

Morrisons sell some cat repellant granules that you sprinkle, it worked for us. Or you can make a home made version, I think it's crushed garlic or lemon juice or something, Internet will know...

Brokenbiscuit Mon 27-Jun-16 18:24:19

Get a water pistol.

Biscuitbrixit Mon 27-Jun-16 18:26:12

eatshit i don't think it's op's cat.

Yanbu. Our neighbour's shits in my strawberry bed. If I see it I let the dog out to chase it and it scarpers like the wind! Still comes back though!

NarcyCow Mon 27-Jun-16 18:26:14

You're right. And foxes and badgers and birds should all wear nappies too. And hedgehogs, they produce a shocking amount of poo.

Wolfiefan Mon 27-Jun-16 18:27:28

Water pistol.
And you can pick it up. Use disposable gloves and then wash hands too. Nappy sacks make good poo bags.

PaintedDrivesAndPolishedGrass Mon 27-Jun-16 18:28:11

Buy some latex gloves. You can buy cat repellent.

Ilovechocolate80 Mon 27-Jun-16 18:28:35

I feel like the point at which you are fumbling over some crumbling, diseases-ridden cat shit from next doors cat that you don't own, you have to question the fairness of the situation!

sepa Mon 27-Jun-16 18:30:07

The cat repellent actually works too. Get some. Just has to be reapplied when it rains

JapaneseTea Mon 27-Jun-16 18:30:37

Agreed! Try cayenne pepper where cats poos. Seems to get the message across. Buy a big bag from eBay. Don't get it in your eyes tho!

usual Mon 27-Jun-16 18:30:46

Dramatic much.

winchesterfan Mon 27-Jun-16 18:31:15

Shut the porch, then it can't get in there to shit!

Wolfiefan Mon 27-Jun-16 18:32:38

Crumbling?
Disease ridden?
Wow. I get this is annoying but it's a bit of an overreaction. Wait until you actually have the baby. They poo too you know. Wait until you have experienced a poonami that spreads out the nappy, shoots down the legs and spreads up the back of a screaming and wriggling infant.
Then I doubt a bit of cat poo will worry you quite so much!

PurpleRainDiamondsandPearls Mon 27-Jun-16 18:32:46

YAB ridiculous and no, I'm not a cat person.

Whinyleonard Mon 27-Jun-16 18:33:13

They park in mother and baby spaces too. biscuit

Biscuitbrixit Mon 27-Jun-16 18:37:08

I din't think you're over dramatic. The baby will be yours, so you're expected to clean it's bum. I wouldn't expect to clean other baby's bums.
My neighbour with the cat I reckon would be most annoyed of I got my dog to shit in his garden.

Ilovechocolate80 Mon 27-Jun-16 18:42:50

What other pet is allowed to crap everywhere with total strangers expected to clean up said crap?

PeaceNotPieces Mon 27-Jun-16 18:43:46

Yanbu to be pissed about picking up neighbours cat poo.

But yabu with the drama.

You can pick it up with poop bags. You won't catch toxoplasmosis.

Spray the outside with lemon scented spray. Water pistol the cat. And shut the porch!

sizeofalentil Mon 27-Jun-16 18:44:34

Are you sure it's not foxes? Cats tend to bury their poo whereas foxes fucking love crapping on doorsteps - if the ones around here are anything to go by.

Ilovechocolate80 Mon 27-Jun-16 18:44:42

I've had two babies and I've been happy to pick uo their poo.

Cat poo has allot of diseases because cats eat birds and mice.

PeaceNotPieces Mon 27-Jun-16 18:45:07

And fyi cats are legally "free to roam" so no it's not nice but their owners don't have to pick up their poo.

I agree it's not nice though and I wouldn't like to do it.

YesThisIsMe Mon 27-Jun-16 18:45:09

Get yourself a Supersoaker - the satisfaction is immense.

JohnBarrowmaniac Mon 27-Jun-16 18:46:43

It's pissed off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now