to want to share this site with anyone who has and Aspie partner or child?

(20 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

ThingsAreAChangin Mon 27-Jun-16 07:49:30

www.aspergerexperts.com

My DD is 23 and is an undiagnosed Aspie. I've spent her life trying to get her to develop her social skills, keep her room tidy etc which has just led to frustration and anger and a situation whereby we hardly had anything to do with each other. It was grim for us both.

The above site was started by two American guys with Aspergers. There is piles of free information on the site plus courses to buy.

Essentially their message is about unconditional love - accept your Aspie totatally for who they are; don't try to control/change/get them to do it your way - just accept them. This way of being towards my DD has changed our relationship enormously and she is now beginning to come out of what Aspergers Experts call Defense Mode. Life is so much happier now. This site is really worth a look and could genuinely change your life. I'm going to say I am not BU to list it here to get the information out there.

Arfarfanarf Mon 27-Jun-16 07:53:17

Oh yes ive watched a fair few of their videos. I really liked the way they explained how they feel and what they need. The sensory funnel is good and yes defence mode is a very very good description of what happens to my kids.

fanjoforthemammaries Mon 27-Jun-16 07:54:29

I wish everyone here could look at that site tbh.

KimmySchmidtsSmile Mon 27-Jun-16 08:02:13

Thanks. Taking a look now flowers

allowlsthinkalot Mon 27-Jun-16 08:11:00

Thank you

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 27-Jun-16 08:15:19

Thank you for sharing, DD is an undiagnosed Aspie, well the paediatrician hasn't even bothered getting back to us despite reports, social skills and personal hygiene are real issues here

mamamea Mon 27-Jun-16 09:08:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mamamea Mon 27-Jun-16 09:12:13

Looking at a bit more, FOAD.

It's basically 'Trump University' for autism, making impossible promises in return for $$$ which just buys you a Youtube video.

If it looks like a scam, it quacks like a scam, it is a fucking scam:

www.aspergerexperts.com/go/ss/

fanjoforthemammaries Mon 27-Jun-16 09:27:07

hmm i wish that everyone could read a LEGITIMATE site on AS.

If you are here to make money from pseudo science by exploiting people's concerns, shame on you!

mamamea Mon 27-Jun-16 09:30:11

Some negative feedback:

wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=260994
www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/publishers-representatives/asperger-experts-llc-in-seattle-wa-22958150/Customer-Reviews

It doesn't help that the 'parental moderator' is a convicted sex offender.

fanjoforthemammaries Mon 27-Jun-16 09:42:11

have reported this thread

Notgivingin789 Mon 27-Jun-16 09:45:09

Unbelievable!

I could get the same information for FREE on google.

AdrenalineFudge Mon 27-Jun-16 09:49:20

$147 for what exactly?

Arfarfanarf Mon 27-Jun-16 09:54:31

I watch the asperger experts videos on YouTube and they make a lot of sense. They seem to describe a lot of my sons' behaviours. I dont buy anything. I feel like its helped me understand what my kids must be feeling but are unable to articulate. I will be gutted if its all a scam!

TheDuchessOfArbroathsHat Mon 27-Jun-16 09:59:00

Shame on you OP angry

BigDamnNCFail Mon 27-Jun-16 10:12:10

I haven't watched any of their videos but from a little googling it looks like the general consensus is their free videos are actually pretty good and helpful. However, their paid-for content is massively overpriced and they do give it the hard sell.

Like I said, that's what other people seem to think.

VioletVaccine Mon 27-Jun-16 10:43:37

I used to feel really overwhelmed too, that was until I discovered the joy of Gordon's Gin.
"Crisp taste, pure pleasure, and less passing judgment than swigging from a bottle of Morphine" wink

i spy spam advertising

mrgrouper Mon 27-Jun-16 11:08:55

I have Asperger's and do not find that site remotely interesting or of any use for me. WrongPlanet is very good.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 27-Jun-16 20:19:10

Hi folks. Just a quick note to say that we've no reason to think the OP has any links to this website and she seems to be posting with good intentions. Obviously we can't offer any sort of recommendation for the website itself either good or bad but we would urge everyone as always to think carefully before parting with money or investing emotionally on the internet.

Jodie1982 Mon 27-Jun-16 20:39:54

Thank you. My 11yr old DD is soon to be going through assessment for aspergers. It's a very long, tiring process. So stressful. Heartbreaking. 😢

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now