swimming pool etiquette

(10 Posts)
IlovesLiz Sat 25-Jun-16 23:27:51

There are women in my pool who are very anoyoing. They swim in pairs and chat. Up and down up and down and up and down. But very slowly. There is even one set of ladies who only swim using half the pool, in pairs, slowly. they are effectively using a full quarter of the pool whilst the rest of us either have to barge in or negotiate our way round them.

One set of ladies swam together in a pair and one of them talked non stop for an hour. Then I got out and they followed me into the shower. She was still talking. I went into the cubicles and she was still talking. and i went into the car park and she was still talkig. I mean, what do these women talk about?????
Use the pool if you must. But if you want to chat then go to a bloody cafe. Swim in the pool in single file and use it in a considerate way.

I bloodyh hate puoools .I wish i had my own then I could power through my full K without having to swim round a load of ladies on a social outing.

HoneyDragon Sat 25-Jun-16 23:29:27

I fume too. Chat at each end but don't swim so others can't get past, it's rude.

Chillyegg Sat 25-Jun-16 23:31:43

Well unless they're swimming in a lane dedicated to fast swimming yabu. Could your powering and splashing through a "k" annoy others? I'd chill out if I was you, public pools aren't renowned for their peace and tranquility.
Just being devil's advocate

IlovesLiz Sat 25-Jun-16 23:33:43

There are no fast lanes .And I don't power through. I wish I did. I do the very elegant breastroke without getting my face or hair wet. I don't even cause I wake.

edwinbear Sat 25-Jun-16 23:37:22

I get lane rage on a frequent basis but yet to find a solution. May I suggest a speedo aquabeat to drown out the chit chat though?

bruffin Sat 25-Jun-16 23:44:58

I got lane rage last week. I was lane swimming. Im not the fastest but im not slow either. One woman didnt get her hair wet and was just swimming very slowly so had to regularly overtake her. Then an old man got in (70s) his arms were going very fast but he wasnt going any where, but everytime i had to overtake him he would swap to overarm and again flap his arms really fast but didnt get any faster, he was just trying to stop me overtaking.

It was early sunday morning so plenty of room in the rest of the pool where they could drift up and down like others were doing and leave the lane to the serious swimmers.

bruffin Sat 25-Jun-16 23:46:56

Meant to say there should be a rule if you dont get your head wet you shouldnt be allowed in lanes.
I went to the olympic pool on tuesday and it was heaven. 6 lanes slow, medium and fast as well as clockwise and anticlockwise.

bruffin Sat 25-Jun-16 23:48:08

blush cross posted

IlovesLiz Sat 25-Jun-16 23:48:55

GAH!!

bruffin Sat 25-Jun-16 23:52:45

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now