WIBU to renew my passport early?

(5 Posts)
coralpig Sat 25-Jun-16 12:46:40

That really. I don't want to turn this into another Brexit bashing thread (although I definitely was pro remain and am gutted with the outcome). I'm getting married in 2 months and my passport has 3 years left on it. I've read that non eu British passports will be phased in as old ones expire. I was going to wait to change my name on my passport to one carrying the note (the holder is also known as Coralpig married name) but now I wonder whether I should do that early. WIBU?

AuntieStella Sat 25-Jun-16 13:02:31

No-one knows yet how UK passports will be phased in, so there's no possible way to answer if the question is how best to future-proof.

If it's simply AIBU to renew when I want to, then of course the answer is YANBU.

MrsJayy Sat 25-Jun-16 13:05:49

Nothing has happened yet it has to go to the EU and all that we are not going to be cut off you dont need to renew your passport for 8 weeks away

MrsJayy Sat 25-Jun-16 13:09:01

And so many people are paniking about passports atm that passport offices are going g to be bogged down might not be back in time go to your wedding then get the name change when you get back

girlywhirly Sat 25-Jun-16 14:50:48

You take the passport you have, with your marriage certificate showing your change of name. A lot of people do this when they marry and go on honeymoon straight after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now