will a lot of the leave voters be watching the news and wondering WTAF they've done?

(91 Posts)
ssd Sat 25-Jun-16 10:17:56

I know there's loads of threads and I apologize. Please don't post if you are sick of them.

But surely leave voters cant wake up pleased when they have sat in front of the telly and heard the news channels today?

LittleLionMansMummy Sat 25-Jun-16 10:21:28

No they'll stick their fingers in their ears and say 'la la la, not listening, not my fault!' While telling Remainers to stop insulting them and calling them racist because that's not why they voted how they did. Buggered if I know why they chose chaos and uncertainty over the relative stability and a recovering economy.

Eigg Sat 25-Jun-16 10:21:40

Apparently "it's all going to be fine" and we should "calm down now"

Littlemisslovesspiders Sat 25-Jun-16 10:22:47

Or as apparently only 25% of 18-25 year olds voted will they wish they had actually bothered to!

LittleLionMansMummy Sat 25-Jun-16 10:23:05

Oh and they'll also try to tell us it's short term pain for long term gain or some such. I'll tell my friends and family that while they're contemplating a future without jobs or a home.

fassone Sat 25-Jun-16 10:26:23

I can't get my head around the "meh, we'll have a recession, short term pain" attitude.
Do any of these people really understand what that means?
Have they any idea of what "short term pain" does to ordinary people?

throwingpebbles Sat 25-Jun-16 10:27:59

It's "just a blip" apparently....

Marynary Sat 25-Jun-16 10:30:08

They'll be telling themselves that the "pain" will only be short term and then we will have new and better future. They will have no idea how the brighter future will occur though. They will keep telling themselves that things are going to get better as we plunge deeper into recession and even when they finally wake up and smell the coffee, they will try to convince themselves that it would have happened anyway. Indeed they may claim that it would have been even worse if we had remained in the EU.

Grassgreendashhabi Sat 25-Jun-16 10:31:44

No - of course there was going to be a down turn. That Was expected.

ssd Sat 25-Jun-16 10:33:27

The images that stick with me just now are on the bbc news, 2 images...first one is an old man in a cap with army written on it crying and saying I've got my country back...the second one is a woman saying we've got England back, this is our England.....these people and plenty like them have decided our kids futures....for the first time ever I dont believe in democracy anymore, sometimes people are just too ignorant to be allowed to decide others futures.

throwingpebbles Sat 25-Jun-16 10:34:47

The problem is our country is now going straight up shit creek

We may like to hate bankers but they are a huge part of our economy

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36628595

LittleLionMansMummy Sat 25-Jun-16 10:34:57

No - of course there was going to be a down turn. That Was expected.

Ah, that's alright then. So what's the plan now?

Capricorn76 Sat 25-Jun-16 10:35:31

No they'll just find a new scapegoat e.g Jews, Muslims, gay marriage undermining Christian values or some such.

Stanky Sat 25-Jun-16 10:35:34

Why would any body want this for their own children? sad

throwingpebbles Sat 25-Jun-16 10:36:36

Exactly capricorn sad

NotYoda Sat 25-Jun-16 10:36:55

They won't think anything, some of them. They are incapable

BeyondTellingEveryoneRealFacts Sat 25-Jun-16 10:38:50

You watching bbc news ssd? Me too sad
How can they not regret it. Simple, they dont watch the news.

(And i am very aware that the news is not always the most accurate source of info, before anyone points that out)

BeyondTellingEveryoneRealFacts Sat 25-Jun-16 10:42:22

My parents (I've already mentioned this a few times) voted remain. They wont be watching the news as they and my godparents are sunning themselves in their own villa hmm they have spent about 3 weeks of the last year in the uk.

The people around me dont watch the news, they dont usually vote. But it was different this time as they have to "get them out".

ssd Sat 25-Jun-16 10:51:33

yes beyond, I am.

its totally gutting.

ssd Sat 25-Jun-16 10:52:56

they voted remain beyond?? not leave?

Valentine2 Sat 25-Jun-16 10:56:06

If these ignorant folks go down, ki don't wanna go down with them.
Pls sign this

www.change.org/p/sadiq-khan-declare-london-independent-from-the-uk-and-apply-to-join-the-eu?recruiter=10719752&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-reason_msg

BlunderWomansCat Sat 25-Jun-16 10:56:56

It really is astounding, our future is so uncertain, but according to my mother, who voted leave, it will all be ok hmm

TheWitTank Sat 25-Jun-16 11:00:08

I know three "Bregetters" already. All hadn't the foggiest what they were voting for.

BeyondTellingEveryoneRealFacts Sat 25-Jun-16 11:02:18

Balls, i meant leave grin

UnGoogleable Sat 25-Jun-16 11:06:26

On the news last night they were interviewing several 'Leave' voters who were crowing about 'getting ENGLAND back' and 'saving the NHS'.

Anyway, they featured one lady, who they had followed before the vote. She wore a 'Vote Leave' T shirt and had festooned her house with Union Jacks etc. So they knocked on her door on Friday morning to ask for her reaction to the vote.

She opened the door, they said "How do you feel?" She said "About what?". They said "About the vote".. she said "Oh, did we win? I didn't know". Interviewer says "Errr, go and turn your TV on"

She. Hadn't. Even. Bothered. To. Watch. The. News.

That summed it all up for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now