Mirena coil omg help!

(5 Posts)
Holyshitface Fri 24-Jun-16 21:51:45

Sorry, this is not an AIBU but I really want answers!!! So I was just trying to check for my mirena coil springs and I couldn't feel them, so I (sorry tmi) went deeper, then I could feel the plastic tip of the IUD I could feel this on my last coil but much more easily, so I prodded around a bit to try and feel where the strings had gone but still couldn't find them. I then moved around a bit and tried to feel again, this time I couldn't feel anything at all!!!! Could I have pushed this thing up into my womb or something? I am shitting myself!! Please someone come and tell me this is not possible? The only place they fit and remove coils is only open Wednesday so I can't even have it checked until then! sad

Holyshitface Fri 24-Jun-16 21:52:13

STRINGS NOT SPRINGS!

dementedpixie Fri 24-Jun-16 22:14:49

The strings might have gone through your cervix but the coil could still be in place. I had to get an ultrasound and x-ray to find mine when the strings went missing

FurryLittleTwerp Fri 24-Jun-16 22:19:15

If you can feel the coil, then it's in place & doing its job.

If you can't feel the threads, then either they've got tucked up inside the cervix, or they're closely adherent to the side of the outside of the cervix & you can't feel them.

Go to the clinic on Wednesday - there's no panic before then, really smile

snoringdog Fri 24-Jun-16 22:36:11

The coil can move. If you think its moving get it checked out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now