This man is the gym is trying to make me feel uncomfortable

(10 Posts)
Sunsetplumset Fri 24-Jun-16 21:44:00

He works in the gym and is new. I do not do exercises wrong. I know what I'm doing.

Twice now including today I have just stormed out.
Last time I was there I was using a space and he walked by around 10 times and each time stared at me. I have been using this gym for around 4 months and never have any workers really been in the gym walking up and down like that.

And today is even worse and just made it obvious. I got in around half hour ago and he is hoover again with the staring.
I go on the hill climbing machine and he is constantly walking behind me. Then I move to the other side of the room to the running machine and he comes there to but is on the machine in front just on his phone then disappears
When I come off the running machine he is sitting behind me I think probably staring but since he kne2 I was coming off he pretendEd to be on his phone
So then I go to another section and again he is walking in and out of a room right next to where I am
This is when I just stormed out and got pissed off
Wtf is his problem I'm not being paranoid right?
As I said I been there 4 months and in that time no other gym workers been like this in fact theye are not really in the gym like that only when they are training someone
It's a leisure centre so only really staff at the pool

Typing on my phone so excuse typos

AnyFucker Fri 24-Jun-16 21:44:59

Could you look him right in the eye and ask him what his problem is ?

Sunsetplumset Fri 24-Jun-16 21:45:09

Oh just to add the first time he came in the space I was in pretending to clean up. Why are you cleaning up when it is hour until closing and I'm clearly still using the space

ImperialBlether Fri 24-Jun-16 21:45:56

You have to make a complaint against him. It's not right that you should feel uncomfortable exercising there.

Sunsetplumset Fri 24-Jun-16 21:46:16

Anyfucker I literally felt like doing this today I was so mad I wasn't even in there 20 minutes

Ringadingdingdong22 Fri 24-Jun-16 21:47:55

Sounds like he's perving at you. Make a complaint.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 24-Jun-16 21:49:06

I would do what Any fucker suggested.

Bigoldsupermoon0 Fri 24-Jun-16 22:20:53

Sounds horrible, OP - poor you sad

I'd make a note of all the times he's lurked around behind you then take it to the manager and demand an explanation. He sounds like a proper creepy fucker.

WalkingBlind Fri 24-Jun-16 23:12:25

Give the gym one more go, if he stares totally stop what you are doing, look him dead in the eyes and ask "is there a problem?"

Do it every single time he looks at you, he maybe thinks you aren't noticing and he's being discreet. Make it clear that what he's doing isn't acceptable.

I've had to move to a ladies only gym because men were using the mirrors on the walls to watch me (from the other room!) and one even blatantly stood in front of a machine I was using to "read my tattoos" blush I think they weren't used to any women being in there at all as I'm in a remote area. It was awful and I never went back, you could see their eyes moving up and down watching my boobs as I used the equipment angry Obviously not everyone is like this and most are only interested in exercising but there's weirdos in all walks of life.

I'd also complain to management as he's an employee

Sunsetplumset Fri 24-Jun-16 23:46:55

That is a good idea walking, I will just to make sure. They do have ladies nights on tuesday so at least i can use it then in peace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now