To not want another Old Etonian Tory ex Bullingdon toff running the country ant to feel disenfranchised?

(2 Posts)
ThreeBarrels Fri 24-Jun-16 21:33:04

Nothing wrong with Eton, obviously a first class school, and I don't suggest that you can't be rich and privileged and not care about social welfare, equality and the common good. I also think that DC has behaved in an honourable and principled manner in standing down.

But do we really want more of the same? Why are there no front running candidates who have come from 'normal' backgrounds, schools, families, where they have been engaged with the world, mixing in their communities, worrying about paying the gas bill etc. I am so sick of the majority of career politicians, pale, male and stale candidates , MPs who care about nothing but themselves and their own self promotion, at the expense of policies and the electorate.

Sorry, just another vent/grumble, to add to all of the others.

I feel so disenfranchised and depressed generally. It's not only the Tories but also JC's rivals who have the knives sharpened and waiting. Can't we just have one politician, of whatever political persuasion, who actually cares about the electorate and who has the vision and leadership skills to stand out from the crowd (sadly excluding Nicola Sturgeon) and take us forwards?

ForalltheSaints Fri 24-Jun-16 21:44:21

I just don't want Boris, not because he is from Eton, but because he has no grasp of detail, spent 8 years as London Mayor engaged in vanity projects and publicity stunts, and is allegedly serially unfaithful to his wife.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now