Farage plumbs new depths

(15 Posts)
JudyCoolibar Fri 24-Jun-16 13:06:17

You might not have thought it possible but, yes, he's done it -

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3657913/Farage-slammed-saying-Leave-won-referendum-victory-without-bullet-fired-despite-Jo-Cox-murder.html

WorraLiberty Fri 24-Jun-16 13:13:21

Oh dear lord. I can't stand the man but I'm pretty sure it was just an unfortunate turn of phrase, from someone whose been extremely busy and probably can't remember the last time he slept.

I don't think on this occasion that the depth he's plumbed, is as deep as the newspaper you read.

t4gnut Fri 24-Jun-16 13:14:49

And people still listen to this man - makes you ashamed to be the same nationality, if not species!

Theoretician Fri 24-Jun-16 14:13:28

I'd say he's treating the murder as the politically irrelevant action of a lone nutter, whereas those criticising him give it credence as a political action. The people using it to get at him are the twats.

BeautyQueenFromMars Fri 24-Jun-16 15:06:34

I have no time for Nigel Farage, but he's clearly using the well-worn phrase that means 'without going to war'. I'm sure the tragic shooting of Jo Cox wasn't the reason the UK voted Leave.

Flacidunicorn Fri 24-Jun-16 15:08:40

Farage could say nothing and people would still find a reason to resent him.

TheDuchessOfArbroathsHat Fri 24-Jun-16 15:09:34

What Worra said.

MitzyLeFrouf Fri 24-Jun-16 15:10:16

I heard him say this in his 'victory speech' last night and I believe he chose that phrase very carefully indeed.

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 24-Jun-16 15:14:05

I have been the person who says something tactless and awful because I have no brain:mouth filter and I think 'don't say elephant, don't say elephant' and of course the first word out is elephant.

However Nigel is a hateful, odious toad and I wouldn't put it past him.

Costacoffeeplease Fri 24-Jun-16 15:35:56

I very much doubt he wasn't aware of the implications - once a fuckwit always a fuckwit

SweetieDrops Fri 24-Jun-16 15:39:09

I can't get my head around how this man has such an influence now when he failed to even get himself a seat at the last election confused.

WorraLiberty Fri 24-Jun-16 16:22:47

I think the cameraman/woman deserves some praise for this grin

Worra
That's the first laugh I've had all day grin

Gowgirl Fri 24-Jun-16 16:26:46

You beat me to it worra!

WorraLiberty Fri 24-Jun-16 16:29:33

grin I think the camera person should be remembered in the new years honours list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now