To feel very sad about the results

(88 Posts)
DesignedForLife Fri 24-Jun-16 07:00:06

That's all. Sad and worried about what will happen. Feels like hate, racism and fear have won sad

formerbabe Fri 24-Jun-16 07:02:43

I voted leave.
I don't hate anyone.
I'm not racist.
I wasn't scared.

I believe the eu was undemocratic.

Hth

Scoopmuckdizzy Fri 24-Jun-16 07:05:30

I'm shocked at what we've woken up to.

This is not a good result.

Chattymummyhere Fri 24-Jun-16 07:08:33

one side where always going to be unhappy.

I'm happy democracy has won.

Lulu1083 Fri 24-Jun-16 07:08:50

I'm with you OP. I knew it would be close but I had faith we'd do the right thing sad

branofthemist Fri 24-Jun-16 07:08:53

I am shocked and it's not the result I wanted.

However calling all people who voted brexit, racists. Is wrong and simply dismissing people's point if view.

It's been used during the whole campaign to shut people down and I don't think it's helped anyone.

Trufflethewuffle Fri 24-Jun-16 07:10:23

Shocking that how 16 out of 46 million can trigger such a huge change.

MsJamieFraser Fri 24-Jun-16 07:11:48

Yabu! And idiotic

Racism did not win, people's choice won!

HandyWoman Fri 24-Jun-16 07:11:56

Shocked and very sad. Fuck knows what happens now except even more instability.

sad

branofthemist Fri 24-Jun-16 07:12:54

It's not 16 million.
Over 17 million voted leave.
Many didn't vote at all (making them as responsible)

Would you be saying the same if the vote went the other way?

babybythesea Fri 24-Jun-16 07:13:39

I'm genuinely scared of what we've done. I work for a charity and have always done so and the two I know most about only just pulled through the last recession. I can't see how they can survive. And the money the Leave campaigners claimed we would save won't be saved won't be saved because it just won't be there - it was figures based on a healthy economy. And already the pound has crashed to its lowest level for 30 years. I think we are in a whole heap of shit.
So instead of working to form a world stronger where people are united we decide to pull it apart. I'm ashamed actually.eople bought into the whole we don't govern ourselves crap. 120 odd laws brought last year and only 4 came from the EU - we always did govern ourselves.

Laiste Fri 24-Jun-16 07:13:44

I'm fed up with leave voters being called racist haters.

Cosmiccreepers203 Fri 24-Jun-16 07:13:45

I don't think all Brexiters are racist. There are many reasons why people voted leave. But two things are apparent from the stats:
1. Immigration and xenophobia swung the campaign in favour of leave.
2. We're about to experience economic free fall.
3. A certain kind of Brexit voter thinks that this win validates their racist xenophobic views and both sides will have to think about how this is addressed.

EdmundCleverClogs Fri 24-Jun-16 07:15:46

I don't think all people who voted leave are racist. I think many of them are xenophobic, and they are all certainly on the same side as the racist and xenophobes of the right wing.

I'm upset. Usually I can see two sides of a political vote, but not this time. Every part of me is thinking this is wrong and will end badly. It will affect all of us in a negative way (except Boris, Farage and co, cannot believe the stupid elite were allowed to win).

Trufflethewuffle Fri 24-Jun-16 07:16:02

Yes I think I would. I think it is a real shame that all those with votes don't use them.

Shouldwebeworried Fri 24-Jun-16 07:16:56

The pound has plummeted to lowest rate since 1985! Older people voted to leave and fucked over the young, I am so angry and upset by this result. Yes apparently the will of the people but actually it was a pretty close result and not a massive landslide for leave. I think leave got to use the idea that a vote for them was against the political elite and establishment which just isn't true. If anyone thinks Farage is on the side of "ordinary people" they're going to have a shock, he's just like the rest of them.
Maybe not racism but certainly selfishness has won.
Completely devastated and scared for my baby's future, I hope so much that I am proved wrong.

TroysMammy Fri 24-Jun-16 07:17:44

Nigel Farage has won fuck all. He's not going to be our leader, he's not even leader of the opposition. Nothing will happen overnight and the people of Great Britain must all make it work.

It's not like Facebook, I've liked something and that's it.

Raider Fri 24-Jun-16 07:17:45

Yes, I'm sad. I voted remain. DH voted leave, he's a good and clever man who would echo formerbabe's comment above. I think he's wrong and we are a bit on eggshells here this morning.

sue51 Fri 24-Jun-16 07:18:49

I don't want to live in Nigel Farage's vision of Britain. I can't see any good in this result.

SpiceLinerandHoneyLove Fri 24-Jun-16 07:19:29

It seems to be completely acceptable to slander people on MN at present. If posters falsely accused someone of any other crime there would be consequences (if not just thread deletion.) But screaming 'racist ' at all Leave voters is apparently acceptable.

crossroads3 Fri 24-Jun-16 07:19:57

Very upset. Feel like there is no point in carrying on sad.

Waffles80 Fri 24-Jun-16 07:20:24

If Jean Marine Le Pen thinks it's a great result, you know it's the wrong result.

This will herald a rise for the far right across Europe, which is terrifying.

Cosmiccreepers203 Fri 24-Jun-16 07:21:11

You mean like calling EU un-democratic despite the fact that's a blatant lie?

sue51 Fri 24-Jun-16 07:22:08

That's a scarey thought Waffles. I hope you're wrong.

LaurieLemons Fri 24-Jun-16 07:23:10

50% of the country is not racist and hateful. Immigration won't be stopped, it will just (hopefully) be controlled, there were uncertainties either way and nobody knows for sure what will happen. In the long run I'm happy with the result, if you disagree with me that's fine but it's impossible to predict your baby's future whether we stayed or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now