to expect there to be a bank that will pay DD some goodies if she switches

(9 Posts)
NobodyOutHere Fri 24-Jun-16 06:59:33

DD about to start first job - she'll pick up about £700 a month. She has an account with HSBC at the moment and i was thinking she could switch now she'll have regular money coming in and get some cash incentive or goodies but all the ones i've looked at seem to require big amounts to be paid in. AIBU to think there must be a bank out there that would offer an incentive to get her custom?

KayTee87 Fri 24-Jun-16 07:11:10

Someone might be along with an idea but I think they all require at least £1000 a month to be going in as a minimum.

Nanunanu Fri 24-Jun-16 07:14:17

She probably doesn't earn enough yet.

Although I thought santander 123 current account only requires 500 quid a month

Toofondofcake Fri 24-Jun-16 07:17:41

The ones with the juicy tag lines to switch like Halifax and Lloyds want £1000 a month at least but if she pays her own bills natwest might be a good option they give 3% cash back on household bills.

TeaBelle Fri 24-Jun-16 07:22:11

Look at cash back sites like quidco or top cash back - they may give some money for switching.

ladytyndale Fri 24-Jun-16 08:25:15

You can get round this by withdrawing some cash and paying it in again, she could set up a direct debit to another a/c (maybe yours?) for say £300, & have that money re enter her a/c via another direct debit. A bit fiddly to set up but it should work OK.

INeedSomeHelp Fri 24-Jun-16 08:31:58

First Direct pay you £100 for switching to them as long as you pay in £1000 within 3 months of opening the account - in total, so not a monthly amount.
Not sure if it will apply for accounts coming from HSBC though as they're part of the same group.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 24-Jun-16 08:33:50

think Nationwide give £100 for a new account...not sure if there are restrictions on amount in every month though

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 24-Jun-16 08:38:59

some details here but that was sept 2015....have a look on at the links and suggestion on there for her, you might find something.

i know we have an account with Nationwide, you do pay £10per month, but you get all sorts of perks, worldwwide travel insurance, extra 12month g'tee on any electrical goods bought, , car rescue ...that's well worth the tenner a month for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now