To ask if my daughter needs another dose of vaccine

(10 Posts)
Elephantslovetofly Thu 23-Jun-16 11:33:59

So... My daughter had her first vaccines today. She had half the oral one and then threw up everywhere. She was given the rest and the nurse told my husband 'oh she'll have had enough of it' and then they were sent away

Did this happen to any of your children? Do you think I should push for them to give her a repeat dose...?

5BlueHydrangea Thu 23-Jun-16 11:38:49

It's impossible to know how much she retained so safer (as with any medicine) for her to have less rather than more. What was the vaccine?

Elephantslovetofly Thu 23-Jun-16 11:39:31

It was the rotavirus one

Oysterbabe Thu 23-Jun-16 11:41:12

She'll get another dose at 12 weeks so I wouldn't worry. Some people decline that one as it isn't that serious.

cathpip Thu 23-Jun-16 11:46:04

My ds did precisely this, his aim was so good he hit the nurse smile, he didn't get anymore and he managed to keep the 12 week one down. They won't give her a repeat dose, I asked when my ds threw up and he threw up everything including his feed prior to vaccinations.

SarahJane333 Thu 23-Jun-16 11:55:17

Exactly the same happened to us, I assumed it was fine and that the nurse would have said something if she felt another dose was required.

splendide Thu 23-Jun-16 12:14:44

Mine wasn't sick but he sort of flubbed (technical term) the vaccine out of his mouth and all down himself. We were told not to worry - they get another lot anyway.

VictoriaRoses Thu 23-Jun-16 12:23:53

Apparently they only need a little bit of that one. My DT loved that one, think they were a bit upset they didn't get it with their last jabs

ThePebbleCollector Thu 23-Jun-16 12:39:09

My daughter spat both out, the full dose. You won't be allowed another even if you wanted another. They just told me they couldn't be sure how much she had so couldn't even give her another dose.

she's 16 months and already had gastroenteritis about 6 times (very badly before she was 1)... argh!! I'm going to assume it's related.

If your child didn't spit the whole thing out like mine you'll be fine.

Elephantslovetofly Thu 23-Jun-16 16:16:23

Thanks guys smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now