So it looks like my vote may not be in tomorrow...

(11 Posts)
MrsTerryPratchett Thu 23-Jun-16 02:35:29

Postal, proxy, out of the UK screw up. I was voting remain so if any leavers want to stay at home to balance me, that would be great.

AIBU? He he he.

LauderSyme Thu 23-Jun-16 02:49:07

<< Crowds of Outers graciously accede. "Mais oui! De rien!" >>
Not.
wink

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 23-Jun-16 02:54:48

I was hoping for two or three.

zikreetdreaming Thu 23-Jun-16 04:25:39

This is the third proxy vote muck up I've heard of (and the other two are people I know personslly). To be fai it seems to be working both ways but I wonder how big of an issue it is.

Can't help, I already found a brexit for my vote swap. Aren't a lot around out of the expats I'm with!

Just5minswithDacre Thu 23-Jun-16 04:36:59

Bless you for trying smile

Just5minswithDacre Thu 23-Jun-16 04:38:46

For trying to broker a vote-swap, I mean.

Not "bless you for trying to vote". Obviously. blushhmmblush

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 23-Jun-16 05:25:15

Bless me! 😄

They clearly don't want us forriners to vote. Can't say as I blame them.

Hirosleaftunnel Thu 23-Jun-16 05:36:35

Sent my postal vote off weeks ago. General Election was another matter though, doubt it got there in time!

frostyfingers Thu 23-Jun-16 05:38:26

Try contacting the Elections Office of where you should be voting, they have the power to issue votes late, although I'm not 100% sure how it works with overseas voters, I believe up until about 5pm UK time. I'm about to go and work as poll clerk, long day ahead!

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 23-Jun-16 05:45:42

Ooo good tip. Although 5pm there is 10am here so I'll be in meetings before that.

Homebird8 Thu 23-Jun-16 06:09:34

I had similar with the general election last year. I registered for a postal vote from overseas and it never arrived, not,even late! This time I got my voting papers in plenty of time so I reckon the general election ones were never even sent. Not uncommon I fear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now